- Post any personal contact (e.g., phone numbers, email, personal website, instant messaging or social media profile/username) in a forum post and/or signature.
- Post any 3rd-party unofficial link in any of your post except the Immigration News section.
- Post the same thing multiple times.
- Use any non-English language/alphabet.
- Post any illegal content or use any abusive/harsh/disrespectful language/tone.
- Copy and paste contents from other sources without explicit permission. It's your responsibility to check and verify for copyright infringement when citing an external source.
- Post anything not related to the content and purpose of MigrationDesk.
- Post anything to advertise/offer any commercial or non-commercial product or service.
- Post any derogatory comment on any institution. You are welcome to share your experience and opinion, good or bad, with any institute, but that must happen in a civil manner without bad-mouthing. Furthermore, the intention cannot be to advertise, and you must declare your affiliation with them, if any.
- Make unnecessary emphasis (such as bold face, ALL CAPS etc.) or repetition (e.g. !!!! or ??).
- Post your question in an irrelevant thread.
- Post anything, trivial or non-trivial, as long as it is relevant to the content of MigrationDesk. The relevancy of a topic will be determined by the moderation panel and any non-relevant post may be removed from the site.
- Cite any well-known 3rd party site by their name without explicitly linking them.
- Search through MigrationDesk before asking a question because, most probably, the question has already been asked and answered.
- Give your thread a relevant title so that readers can have an idea what you are asking.
- Use the reaction system to congratulate/thank someone instead of making a single-word post.
The admin/moderator team reserves the right to update/amend the rules anytime, and any update may be enforced retroactively.
Any violation of the rules can be dealt with any or all of the followings:
- Editing the post by the moderation team
- Deleting the post by the moderation team
- Banning the user
The posting rules mentioned in this page doesn't necessarily cover every aspect. Please use your best judgement before posting any content.