186 Direct Entry- LMT & Nomination question

Hello Guys !

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'd like to clarify a couple of points regarding 186 DE stream.

1. Is Labour Market Testing mandatory for 186 DE Stream.
2. The IMMI website says they may refuse the nomination if they see the applicant ineligible for this visa.
3. Are we able to submit visa application irrespective of nomination approval?
4. Can one submit visa application and then update the skill assessment letter if they are in danger of current visa expiry?

In my case, my current visa expiry date and completion of 3 Year Experience date come very close to each other. Meaning I'd finish three years of total relevant work 1 month before my current visa expires.

Does this mean anything for submitting nomination?

Thanks
Ajith

Clemente

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Ajith,

You may want to double-check this just in case, but my understanding is that:
1. No, there is no MLT required for subclass 186. It is not within the steps of the visa application process like it is with the 482.
2. Yes, this is just a normal disclaimer, you will always get your Visa application refused if you are not eligible for that Visa.
3. Your employer simply needs to submit the nomination application as you will need the Transaction Reference Number (TRN) they will receive when they do.
4. Ideally, you would submit the application with ALL the necessary documentation. If your application gets processed by the CO before you have uploaded the skills assessment letter you run the risk of having the Visa refused. Or you could simply receive a "Request for additional information" and upload it then, but you never know how the CO will handle it I guess.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ajith

Timeline missing
Hi Ajith,

You may want to double-check this just in case, but my understanding is that:
1. No, there is no MLT required for subclass 186. It is not within the steps of the visa application process like it is with the 482.
2. Yes, this is just a normal disclaimer, you will always get your Visa application refused if you are not eligible for that Visa.
3. Your employer simply needs to submit the nomination application as you will need the Transaction Reference Number (TRN) they will receive when they do.
4. Ideally, you would submit the application with ALL the necessary documentation. If your application gets processed by the CO before you have uploaded the skills assessment letter you run the risk of having the Visa refused. Or you could simply receive a "Request for additional information" and upload it then, but you never know how the CO will handle it I guess.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Thanks for your reply ! That helps

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.