• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

189 Visa Delay

chuksosuji

Timeline missing
Hello MysticRiver. I was just wondering if you could help me understand DIBP better.
- I lodged my application on the 23rd of June 2016 for 189 Visa.
- 1st CO Contact was 15th of July 2016. Managed to complete CO request exactly within one month
- 2nd CO Contact was 30th of September 2016 and I provided requested document within 2 weeks from date of request.
- What do you think of my timeline?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
"Understanding DIBP" is the most difficult thing because of different CO, different scenarios which varies case to case. So, it is impossible to forecast any timeline. If everything goes smoothly, the default timeline is 3 months. However, this timelines varies a lot, specially people from countries considered as high risk. It can also vary on your individual record. So, basically, you have nothing to do but waiting, as the process inside is like a blackbox.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi everyone i am currently facing the same problem. I applied my visa in October 2016 but i am still waiting for visa grant so how much longer will i have to wait?

Can you please update your timelines a little more hence you have already applied, there must be more of your timeliness which you have already updated. Thank you.

Hello team
Lodgement 5Feb2016
All Doc's uploaded within 60days time incl PCC n med for myself n wife.
First CO contact 23 May: requesting addn. details of spouse Master degree qual.:Doc's provided in 1 week time
Oct 1st week mail to current employer received job verification subsequently 2nd employer also verified by end of Oct 2016,
Mar 2017 expired PCC requested again and form 80 for spouse addn details of missing history period requested.
All Doc's submitted in 2week time.
After March till date no update and am searching bolt from sky.

Could pl tell meaning of processing time.

Thanks Rahul

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hello team
Lodgement 5Feb2016
All Doc's uploaded within 60days time incl PCC n med for myself n wife.
First CO contact 23 May: requesting addn. details of spouse Master degree qual.:Doc's provided in 1 week time
Oct 1st week mail to current employer received job verification subsequently 2nd employer also verified by end of Oct 2016,
Mar 2017 expired PCC requested again and form 80 for spouse addn details of missing history period requested.
All Doc's submitted in 2week time.
After March till date no update and am searching bolt from sky.

Could pl tell meaning of processing time.

Thanks Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Could you please help to understand about employment verification, as to whom they contact, is it the one we listed in our EOI under roles and responsibilities or with HR? If HR then how they get the contact details.

Abhiz

Timeline missing
Lodgment : 27 October 2016

Uploaded all the documents by March 2017

Got call from Australian High commissioner office on 19th June 2017 and they conducted a technical kind of interview. They have asked few more supporting document like PF statements, Bank statements, Pay slips etc. Submitted all these within a week.

On 20th July 2017, CO contacted back asking to sign Health Undertaking Form for my son. Even though he is cleared the medicals but still there seems to be some inactive TB virus shown in the blood test it seems.

On 19th September 2017, CO came back and asked to do Medicals for my son again because the validity expired it seems. For those who signed Health Undertaking Form, the medical test validity is only 6 months. Completed the medicals and uploaded the document by 17th October 2017.

Since then there is no update from CO. Me & My wife both are applied for the PR. Now the fact is that both of our Police clearance are expired by last month (one year validity ). Medicals will also expire by tomorrow (11/29/2017). Will they ask us to do PC & Medicals again ? I’m really worried because we are waiting for the grant for almost an year now… Anyone here faced the same issue like mine L

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Will they ask us to do PC & Medicals again ?
It'd not clear exactly at what point they ask for those again. I have seen cases where they did not ask for HC/PC again though grant was issued after 18 months of PC/HC.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.