190 Software Tester (261314)

Kii

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi, I recently applied for a 190 visa QLD for Software Tester on 25/11/2019. The sol says:
261314 Software Tester Require 70 points; and Require minimum post-qualification work experience of 3 years (including 6 months in Queensland) in accordance with ACS skills assessment

Now the following are my condition:
  1. I was on a student visa and I was working as QA tester From Dec 2017 - Aug 2019. I was working part-time but during summer break and semester break, I was working full time (38hrs/week). It seems that I worked for 6.5 months as full time during that period. (Will it be counted as full time for 190?)
  2. I started working as the full time in QLD from Sep 2019 - present as I got my 485 visa.
  3. I have offshore working experience as a full-time QA tester from Jan 2014 - Jun 2017.
  4. A few weeks ago, I did my skill assessment as a software engineer (as a software tester and software engineer had mostly the same duties). My offshore skill was considered only from Jan 2016.
  5. I am already doing a skill assessment as a QA tester.
  6. I have not done a skill assessment of my present work.
  7. Apart from the above criteria, I have eligible PTE SCORE
  8. I have done my master from QLD.
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR 190 visa?
Is there any probability of getting 190 invitation?
If yes, How long will it take for the next step?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
AM I ELIGIBLE FOR 190 visa?
I can only comment on this part. In your ACS letter, they clearly mention which period of your experience is considered relevant. And you have to meet that 3 years worldwide (with 6 months in-state) experience criteria based on that period only.

Kii

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I can only comment on this part. In your ACS letter, they clearly mention which period of your experience is considered relevant. And you have to meet that 3 years worldwide (with 6 months in-state) experience criteria based on that period only.
Thanks for the reply.
Do I need to meet 3 years by the time I apply EOI? I think I am sort of one month ( I have 35 months of experience). Will my experience count after I apply EOI? As I am still working.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
This 3 years' requirement is a state-imposed criterion, so, the state will consider only those EOIs/applications for nomination that meet that criterion.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I believe so, as long as you can provide proper documentation and it's not against your student visa criteria.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.