• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Subclass 457 457 Dependent entry to Australia when Primary visa holder is allocated 190 PR

vickymel

Timeline missing
Hello Friends,

I am facing a peculiar situation and will appreciate any help and guidance here.
I was working in Melbourne on a 457 Visa and had brought my dependent mother as a 457 dependent to Australia. She stayed with me for over a year and left to her home town. I subsequently applied for 190 Visa and was granted the same. I am still working for my 457 sponsor and would like to bring my mother back to stay with me.

Since I have changed visa, can she enter Australia on her old 457 dependent visa which is still active in VEVO?

As I was doubtful about her existing 457, I tried to lodge a Visitor visa application for her but the department website showed a warning that she already holds a valid visa for travel to Australia.

Has anyone gone through a similar situation before. How did the immigration officer at the airport consider your case.

Any guidance on this matter will be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Vicky

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Though I am not entirely sure, I believe 457 dependent visas have the same validity of the primary visa. Are you saying your 457 has expired but your mother's dependent 457 is still active?

vickymel

Timeline missing
Though I am not entirely sure, I believe 457 dependent visas have the same validity of the primary visa. Are you saying your 457 has expired but your mother's dependent 457 is still active?
Hello MysticRiver,

I have been granted my 190 PR and hence unable to verify the status of my previous 457. But when I check the 457 status of my dependent mother, VEVO shows her visa to be Active.

Regards,
Vishnu

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hello MysticRiver,

I have been granted my 190 PR and hence unable to verify the status of my previous 457. But when I check the 457 status of my dependent mother, VEVO shows her visa to be Active.

Regards,
Vishnu
You better call DIBP to clarify this.

abhi9.b2

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Mine 457 visa is valid till 31st Dec'19. My spouse also has dependent visa valid till same date. My company is initiating my 482 visa and likely it should come in 1 month.

My query is "immigration team from my company informed me that the 457 dependent visa will continue to be valid till 31st Dec even when I get a fresh 482 visa. They mentioned that I need to apply for a fresh 482 dependent only after 31st Dec 2019 and spouse can travel on existing 457 dependent visa till then"

Can you please clarify or share if you have some details

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know exact details on this, but wondering why you need to wait till 457D to expire before you can apply for 482D for your wife.

abhi9.b2

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I don't know exact details on this, but wondering why you need to wait till 457D to expire before you can apply for 482D for your wife.
Thanks @MysticRiver for the reply.
I had the query becaused company informed me that as the current 457D is valid till 31st Dec, they will process 482D after 31st Dec and spouse can use current 457D for travel till then. I wanted to confirm regarding the validation of existing 457D if I get 482 visa now

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.