Guide 489 subsequent entry pathway process

Mina

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi. I have visa489 and since March 20 I've been in Australia. But my partner is not here with me as we are not married yet. We had a plan to get Married after my first entry in Australia but I got stuck here because of covid. Now we've decided to get Married remotely and apply for his subsequent visa because we don't know how much longer we should wait. I don't have any ideas about the procedure and where we should lodge the application and what forms we should fill. Couldn't find anything in homeaffairs website either! Hope you can help me trough this. Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I don't access to ImmiAccount right now, but if you start a new application there under 489, there should be an option for 489-subsequent entrant, and the application should guide you through all the procedures and requirements.

Mina

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I don't access to ImmiAccount right now, but if you start a new application there under 489, there should be an option for 489-subsequent entrant, and the application should guide you through all the procedures and requirements.
Thanks @MysticRiver for the reply.
Do you know how long does it normally take? Without this covid chaos?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It varies applicant to applicant. You can have some idea (of current situation) from here, but it is not guaranteed to match your case.

Mina

Wanderer
Timeline missing
It varies applicant to applicant. You can have some idea (of current situation) from here, but it is not guaranteed to match your case.
Thank you 😊

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.