Info 489 to 887 Visa Conditions for second applicant

PGs

Timeline missing
Hi,
I've a question regarding the Visa condition for 887 visa which is as below

"Work and residence documents

You must provide proof that you have lived for a total of at least 2 years, and worked full-time (minimum 35 hours a week) for at least 12 months as the holder of an eligible visa in one or more areas listed as:

The evidence you provide should demonstrate that you and any family members included in your application have complied with your visa conditions when in Australia."

My wife and I are both on the 489 Visa where she is the primary applicant and I'm a subsequent entrant. My wife has met both the conditions for 887 visa i.e. "have lived for a total of at least 2 years, and worked full-time (minimum 35 hours a week) for at least 12 months as the holder of an eligible visa" and she will be applying for the 887 visa. However, I have not met any of the conditions for 887 visa. Can she include me in her 887 visa application as a dependent? Do I have to also meet both the conditions to be included in her 887 visa application?

Thanks
PGs

Hello PG's,

I believe that only 1 of you have to meet the criteria, and if she was the primary holder of the 489 but then left the country and somehow you achieved the criteria first, you could apply as main for the 887. My advise if get your partnership recognized by the territory, it should make things easier. Anyhow, my answer is yes, she can apply with you as a partner (not dependent I believe)

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.