TAS 491 application

Jaik

Wanderer
Timeline missing
How can we check the status of TAS 491 (offshore 3A) submitted application. I mean once the application is submitted then we have no longer access to our application and we only have a reference number of our application.

biju

Commoner
MSA
2018-07-19
Skill
SC
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-09-28
How can we check the status of TAS 491 (offshore 3A) submitted application. I mean once the application is submitted then we have no longer access to our application and we only have a reference number of our application.
Hi Jaik,

When did you apply? I have applied on Jan 07 and waiting till then.

Jaik

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Jaik,

When did you apply? I have applied on Jan 07 and waiting till then.
Hello Biju,
I have submitted my application on January 16 and after that there is no response and even I can't see the status of my application.
As per their website, the current processing time for visa state nomination applications is approximately 8-10 weeks. Processing times will vary depending on the quantity and quality of the applications lodged or if additional information is requested as part of the assessment. .

Last edited:

biju

Commoner
MSA
2018-07-19
Skill
SC
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-09-28
Hello Biju,
I have submitted my application on January 16 and after that there is no response and even I can't see the status of my application.
As per their website, the current processing time for visa state nomination applications is approximately 8-10 weeks. Processing times will vary depending on the quantity and quality of the applications lodged or if additional information is requested as part of the assessment. .

Hi Jaik,

I got rejection message from TAS. So its almost 7 weeks. :)
Regards

Holyboyy91

Wanderer
Timeline missing
My application was not successful in-spite of having all the pre-requisites for a mechanical engineer. They gave the reason as "lack of suitability for employment".

Why do they have "mechanical engineers" on their occupation list if they do not think that we are not suitable or do not have a good chance of getting employment?

Jaik

Wanderer
Timeline missing
My application was not successful in-spite of having all the pre-requisites for a mechanical engineer. They gave the reason as "lack of suitability for employment".

Why do they have "mechanical engineers" on their occupation list if they do not think that we are not suitable or do not have a good chance of getting employment?
Hi Dear !!
Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful outcome. But, the question is how they are judging your employability? Is it either based on the evidence you have provided or as per the job market of your occupation. It needs to be sorted out.

Holyboyy91

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Dear !!
Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful outcome. But, the question is how they are judging your employability? Is it either based on the evidence you have provided or as per the job market of your occupation. It needs to be sorted out.

They are judging by the employability statement. I gave them 5 advertisement related to my occupation, 2 of them were directly related to my current job profile while 3 of them were closely related. Still they refused to accept it. I'm getting really frustrated by each day.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.