MSA
2019-08-26
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2019-09-05
Hey Folks,
I guess many of you are also thinking the same which I am thinking right now about 491 visa.
1) It's better to go for 491, rather wait for 189 and 190 as government is more inclined towards regional visas. Also, the recent news stated that the government has further reduced 2000 invitation.
2) The current processing time, it's very uncertain right now.
3) You can start your life in Australia with 491, the only hurdle is 53900AUD p.a. If the government clarify it, that the income should be in nominated occupation only then it's a stress else I have heard from my friend circle there that 54k AUD is easy if you keep yourself busy in weekends.
4) It is also possible, that the person is unable to clear the condition of the minimum income, then it that case what will happen? Does he have to apply again? Now my answer is that the person will come to know that whether he will be able to clear the condition or not, so, after 3 years of time he can just get +ve assessment again, clear the PTE and sits in 189 and 190 pool again ( If existed that time...:)) OR he could come back and apply for 491 again.
At least Australian experience will give the added advantage of 5 points, as after 3 years many of you will turn 32+ thereby losing 5 points in age segment. Also, there are regional conditions, like ACT asks for investments, experience in the ACT. 491 will definitely help in it.

Actually 491 is not a regional visa, its confused visa as many of us who will be opting this will remain confused for 5 years.. lolz

Let's wait for 16th November rules.
Follow the link for calculating your points with revised rules after 16th NOV.

Iogr

Wanderer
MSA
2019-03-01
Skill
SC
Point
70+5
EOI
2019-04-05
I did indeed wonder about 491, that perhaps it will be easier to get in AU with it instead of 189/190. Gotta say, this whole process of waiting for things to happen is a heavy business unless treated with the right psychological mindset, really. In case of 491, its supposed to be a replacement of 489, thus target regional Australia. In this context, I can't even understand if there is anything I can, personally, use it for. I have ICT occupations assessed and as far as I saw there are no such occupations available in regional Australia. Perhaps there is something I didn't see? A way to use it for our benefit (with ICT occupations)?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.