Rules 8504 condition

Timeline missing
Hello, we have been granted a 189 visa, however we are trying to make sense of the 8504 condition. On the visa it states "for first entry, arrive by 26th January 2019." It also states "must not arrive after 1st December 2023" I'm writing this in the 1st December 2018 so I'm worried that I have to book a flight to Australia in a month and get time off work, to make it for the January 2019 deadline. I know we don't have to settle straight away but this does seem like a tight turnaround. When do we need to make out first entry? Any help would be appreciated.

Sonikasharma

Timeline missing
Hi Samuel,

The first date signifies your first port/ entry under the prescribed visa. generally they give 8-10 months of time for the first port of entry from the grant of visa. If you do not make your first entry, your time of visa will automatically begin from 26th Jan'19. At the time of second application of PR, you may have to explain and prove at a great length why couldn't yo make your first entry in the stipulated time. So its best if you can make your first entry before this date. you can go back later on.

Timeline missing
Hi Samuel,

The first date signifies your first port/ entry under the prescribed visa. generally they give 8-10 months of time for the first port of entry from the grant of visa. If you do not make your first entry, your time of visa will automatically begin from 26th Jan'19. At the time of second application of PR, you may have to explain and prove at a great length why couldn't yo make your first entry in the stipulated time. So its best if you can make your first entry before this date. you can go back later on.
Hi and thanks for your response, it's just difficult as I can only fly over the Christmas period and that is incredibly expensive to fly two of us over there in a short space of time. I can't fly in January as I'm a teacher, I was hoping for a bit more flexibility.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Usually, they give 6-12 months for the first entry, but your case is not unprecedented. I have seen a case where the 189 applicant was given 8 days for first entry. Most likely it has something to do with HC validity.

The best thing, as suggested by @Sonikasharma, is to comply and make an entry even if for few hours at that time, or, you can request an extension:
https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/process-to-extend-i-e-d.43050/page-2#post-63451

Also, one of the DHA operators told IED is not mandatory for PR visas, i.e. visa will not be canceled on this ground. Go through the thread below, you can know several cases and experiences
https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/7-things-to-do-first.58/page-2#post-57256

Timeline missing
Usually, they give 6-12 months for the first entry, but your case is not unprecedented. I have seen a case where the 189 applicant was given 8 days for first entry. Most likely it has something to do with HC validity.

The best thing, as suggested by @Sonikasharma, is to comply and make an entry even if for few hours at that time, or, you can request an extension:
https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/process-to-extend-i-e-d.43050/page-2#post-63451

Also, one of the DHA operators told IED is not mandatory for PR visas, i.e. visa will not be canceled on this ground. Go through the thread below, you can know several cases and experiences
https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/7-things-to-do-first.58/page-2#post-57256
Thanks so much for your response. I have emailed skilled.support and they said that with the facilitation letter that we received, we are fine to enter after our initial entry date. So essentially along similar lines to your previous response in that they are unlikely to cancel PR on these grounds (i.e. entering after IED) Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation.

IronMan

Regular
MSA
2018-09-25
Skill
SC
489 (SA)
Point
EOI
2018-10-21
Inv.
2018-12-04
App.
2019-01-31
CO
2019-08-26
PCC
2019-01-11
HC
2019-04-27
Grant
2019-10-16
IED
2020-10-16
Thanks so much for your response. I have emailed skilled.support and they said that with the facilitation letter that we received, we are fine to enter after our initial entry date. So essentially along similar lines to your previous response in that they are unlikely to cancel PR on these grounds (i.e. entering after IED) Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation.
Hi Samuel, is that applicable for Provisional 489 visa?

MSA
2018-09-25
Skill
SC
489 (SA)
Point
EOI
2018-10-21
Inv.
2018-12-04
App.
2019-01-31
CO
2019-08-26
PCC
2019-01-11
HC
2019-04-27
Grant
2019-10-16
IED
2020-10-16
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.