• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

About two visa applications?

shailb

Timeline missing
Hi there,
I was on student visa until 15 mar 2021. So as my course finished at jan,2021 i applied for 485 temporary graduate visa. And i ve nt received decision for that visa and got bridging visa A. Later i got state invitation to apply 190 skilled migration visa. Then i applied 190 visa one month ago and got bridging visa C. Now i have two visa applications. Do i need to withdraw my 485 visa application or let both application as it is?
i wd appreciate ur help. Any tips abt it plz????

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you are confident that there won't be any issue with your 190 application, you can withdraw 485 now. If you want to be on the safe side, you can keep both application active, and withdraw 485 as soon as you get your 190 grant (if 190 happens before 485). If 190 happens after 485, I don't see any issue (other than loosing 485 application fee). Unlike USA, Australia doesn't allow multiple active visas at the same time. If that happens, DHA most likely will cancel one visa. Some says DHA always prioritize the visa attained later, but my opinion is, a PR visa (e.g., 189/190) always gets priority over a non-PR visa (e.g., 485) when DHA takes such action.

ronnmann106

Wanderer
MSA
2012-07-02
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2021-10-07
Inv.
2021-11-23
App.
2021-11-25
Hey all, my question is this:

I am currenty in Bridging visa A as I was sponsored for a TSS 482 visa last May. Now I got nominated, invited for 190 and now have lodged the 190. Do i get another bridging visa for my 190 application?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.