• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS approval - Need advice

sam

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,

I have received a positive skills assessment from ACS for code 261313 ( software engineer) they have considered only 7.5 years out for the 9.5 years of experience I submitted as on 1 feb 2014. I get 10 points for work experience
but i have been working in the same company with same roles and responsibilities ,since i got my ACS approval in feb 2014, and as of today i have a total of 10 years of work experience .
I am going to submit my EOI on 26- sep -2104 and while submitting my EOI ,can i claim 15 points ( 8 years of work exp) or shall i claim 10 points ( 7.5 years of work exp as confirmed by ACS )

please can respective members please help respond ASAP as i am confused , please can you also let me know of any MARA agents and their contact details ,who can consult with regard to my query

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sam,

First of all, ACS does subtract 2 years from your experience no matter what, so you assessment of 7.5 years was as per their rule.

However, if you see the criteria in DIAC website (or migration booklet), it is clearly mentioned that they will calculate till the day you get an invitation. So, you should not have any issue with your assessment showing 7.5 years. If you want to be more certain, you can email to ACS anytime.

Booklet 6 said:
In the 10 years immediately prior to receiving an invitation, you have been employed outside Australia in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation, for a period totalling at least 96 months (8 years).

sam

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Sam,

First of all, ACS does subtract 2 years from your experience no matter what, so you assessment of 7.5 years was as per their rule.

However, if you see the criteria in DIAC website (or migration booklet), it is clearly mentioned that they will calculate till the day you get an invitation. So, you should not have any issue with your assessment showing 7.5 years. If you want to be more certain, you can email to ACS anytime.

Hi,

thanks for the response , but i dint comprehend your response .

my question is
i have got ACS approval in feb 2104 ( 7.5 years exp , so i get 10 points)and from that till now i have worked in the smae company so i have gained additional 7 months Expiriance , so while submitting EOI can i say i have 8 years of work exp and clai 15 points

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,

thanks for the response , but i dint comprehend your response .

my question is
i have got ACS approval in feb 2104 ( 7.5 years exp , so i get 10 points)and from that till now i have worked in the smae company so i have gained additional 7 months Expiriance , so while submitting EOI can i say i have 8 years of work exp and clai 15 points

Hi Sam,

This is what I said. You had 7.5 years experience when you got you assessment, not DIAC invitation, right? The point calculation is based on your status at the time you get invitation from DIAC after you submit your EOI.

Let say,
You got assessment on Feb 2014 - You have experience of 7 years & 6 months
Then you submitted EOI on Jul 2014 - You have experience of 7 years & 11 months
Then you get invitation in Aug 2014 - You have experience of 8 years and 0 months

Hence you are eligible for 15 points (8 yrs exp). But if you somehow get invitation before August 2014, then you have to claim 10 points (less than 8 yrs).

So in case you are submitting your EOI after August, you can say you have 8 yrs experience. Again, you can email ACS after you submit your EOI.

sam

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thanks for the detailed explanation, appreciated ... !!!

one more question , if i submit my EOI on July 2014 (when i have 7 years & 11 months exp), and i receive my invitation in August 2014 , then will the EOI automatically update my work experience to 8 years and credit me 15 points for work exp for 8 years

second when i go to DIAC for Visa , what kind of documents i have to submit to bridge and prove my work exp for 8 years ( as i have ACS approval only for 7 years and 6 months)

If possible please can you let me know the URL where i can get the ACS email id to mail them

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
one more question , if i submit my EOI on July 2014 (when i have 7 years & 11 months exp), and i receive my invitation in August 2014 , then will the EOI automatically update my work experience to 8 years and credit me 15 points for work exp for 8 years
Once you get your invitation, you don't care if EOI considered your experience as less than 7 years, right? Nevertheless, logically it should update your experience automatically as in EOI you don't mention how many years of experience you have, rather you just mention your job period with blank "Date To" field for your current job (which indicates you are continuing the job). However, I would recommend anybody just to wait a month before submitting EOI in case of any doubt.

second when i go to DIAC for Visa , what kind of documents i have to submit to bridge and prove my work exp for 8 years ( as i have ACS approval only for 7 years and 6 months)

They will ask for "as many documents as possible". Normally that includes (but neither limited to nor mandatory) your PaySlip, Bank Statement (of salary acocunt), experience letter (no need for HR letter, letter from your technical manager is enough) etc. If you can't submit anything, just explain the limitation (why you couldn't submit) to your case officer (you will have his email address for one to one conversation once your case officer will be assigned). All that matters is to satisfy your case officer, and the satisfaction level varies a lot between different case officers.

If possible please can you let me know the URL where i can get the ACS email id to mail them

Why don't you just go to ACS website and use their Contact Us page? You can have both their email & phone number from there:
Australian Computer Society Contact
email: [email protected]
phone: +61 (0)2 9299 3666 (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM EST)
https://www.acs.org.au/contact-us/skills-assessment

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.