ACS assessment suitability criteria - Year deduction from experience

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on how many years ACS will deduct from your experience.

Sathish

Timeline missing
Thanks for the prompt response!
In my case 6 years work experience will be deducted as I hold an non ict higher degree.
I am worried about the skill level requirement met date, According to me skill level met date will be on 11/2010 considering below mentioned. Please also take into account I had completed my graduation in 04/2008.

07/2004 to 06/2009 (4 Yrs 11 Months)
10/2009 to 11/2010( 1yr 1 month)
11/2010 to till date -09/16 ( 5yr 10 Month)

It would be helpful if you can point out the skill level requirement met date.

Experience Before Qualification:
If your work experience is completed before the completion date of your qualification, the Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be determined on the earliest date that BOTH the relevant work experience and the qualifications are completed.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
See, just think of it in a easier way..
A : date you graduated
B : date when you finished 6 yrs relevant experience (in your total experience, irrespective of graduation date).

Now, whichever is later date (A or B), is your skill level requirement met date.

I'm facing exact problem for which this thread has started. I'm Mechanical Engineer. But I always have worked in IT. I have total 16 years experience. I completed my MCSE in Sept 2016. When I submitted my papers, ACS considered MCSE as my qualification.

The following employment after September 2016 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Since all experience is from 2000-2016, I will get zero points for employment/experience. I would like to know If I can re-submit my ACS and ask them to consider Mechanical ENgineering as my Graduation degree. They have consider my 9 years of ICT experience. In case I'm able to resubmit ACS, will I get 16 minus 6 years of experience or 9 years - 6 years

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you should be able to do that, but you'll need to submit RPL for that (because in that case you will have a non-ICT degree). You had to advise ACS to consider your bachelor (or, just sent the bachelor degree to ACS, ignoring MCSE), otherwise in the absence of RPL, they by default took your MCSE as your qualification.

Yes, you should be able to do that, but you'll need to submit RPL for that (because in that case you will have a non-ICT degree). You had to advise ACS to consider your bachelor (or, just sent the bachelor degree to ACS, ignoring MCSE), otherwise in the absence of RPL, they by default took your MCSE as your qualification.

Thank you for taking time to reply. Any advise on points I might get if I go via RPL route. Will ACS re-evaluate my ICT experience. Right now I've just 25+10 points = 35. I have to either score 20 points in PTE/IETS and depend upon state sponsorship. I see this as high risk.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I am not sure how many years ACS had assessed as relevant experience. If ACS decided that all 16 years experience was relevant, I see no reason to change that based on your qualification. What they will do is just deduct the necessary 6 years from your total experience. Then you can claim points whichever date came later between:

1) Date you completed your bachelor
2) Date you finished 6 years relevant experience (in total)

Hello,

I am applying for my ACS Assessment next week, and below are my employment details and qualification details -

Bachelors in Business Administration (Computer Applications) - Tamil Nadu Open University 2011

25-30% ICT Content, Syllabus available on university website. (http://www.tnou.ac.in/guna/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/BBA_Computer_Applications.pdf)

I.T Business Analyst (April 2011-March 2013) 23 Months (India)
Business Analytics Manager (March 2013 - Jan 2016) 34 Months (India)

Australian Diploma in I.T (Currently completed 70% of the ICT units in the Diploma, diploma finishes next may, but I am done with 70% and will be getting a letter from the college mentioning the number of units I completed)

I want to know if my degree is ICT Major, I know my diploma is ICT Major.

I also want to know if any years of experience will be deducted, will I be clearing my assessment with this experience?

I would really appreciate if someone with ACS assessment knowledge can respond to me asap, I am not going through a MARA Agent and doing it myself.

Thank you in Advance !

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I want to know if my degree is ICT Major, I know my diploma is ICT Major.
For ICT Major, a Bachelor degree must have:
  • 33% ICT content for a 3 year course
  • 25% ICT content for a 4 year course
  • 20% ICT content for a 5 year course
I also want to know if any years of experience will be deducted, will I be clearing my assessment with this experience?
Your experience will be deducted, 2-8 yrs depending on the nature of your degree
http://www.migrationdesk.com/thread...riteria-year-deduction-from-experience.41529/

mjuma123

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Summary:

DegreeDegree FieldClosely related to nominated occupationExperience Deduction
Bachelor Degree or HigherICT MajorYes2 Years in last 10 Years OR 4 Years in total experience (anytime) *
No4 Years in total experience (anytime)
ICT MinorYes5 Years in last 10 Years OR 6 Years in total experience (anytime) *
No6 Years in total experience (anytime)
Diploma and Vendor CertificationICT MajorYes5 Years in last 10 Years OR 6 Years in total experience (anytime) *
No6 Years in total experience (anytime)
Non ICT Diploma or Higher DegreeNon ICTNot Applicable6 Years in total experience (anytime)
No tertiary educationNot ApplicableNot Applicable8 Years in total experience (anytime)
* whichever provides the earliest skill date

Experience Before Qualification:
If your work experience is completed before the completion date of your qualification, the Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be determined on the earliest date that BOTH the relevant work experience and the qualifications are completed.

All relevant work experience completed after the Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be considered Skilled Employment and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as Skilled Employment and is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

Example:
  • You complete 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2003 until Jan 2005
  • You complete another 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2006 until Jan 2008
  • You complete a 3 year relevant Bachelor degree in Jan 2011
  • You complete a final 1 year of relevant work experience from Jan 2012 until Jan 2013
  • The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be Jan 2011 because this is the date BOTH the relevant work experience AND the relevant qualification are completed
  • Only relevant work experience completed after Jan 2011 is considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for migration points test
  • All work experience completed before Jan 2011 is NOT eligible for migration points test

ACS Assessment Outcome Sample
:

A sample outcome letter of ACS assessment is generally sent in below form (for a case where ACS deducted 4 years):

Above statement means that you can claim points for your experience from April 2009. Any experience prior to that has to be declared non-relevant while submitting EOI (thus no points should be claimed).

ICT Major Criteria:
  • A Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate degree must have at least 50% ICT content.
    • A Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree with ICT content less than 50% is assessed as a Non-ICT qualification.
  • A Bachelor degree must have:
    • 33% ICT content for a 3 year course
    • 25% ICT content for a 4 year course
    • 20% ICT content for a 5 year course
The ICT content must progress through all years of the program with the final year being at an advanced level.
  • A post graduate qualification (Graduate Diploma or Masters) that do not require a Bachelor with an ICT major for entry into the course, must have:
    • A minimum of 3 semesters or at least 1.5 years of full-time study
    • At least 2 semesters or 1 year of full-time equivalent ICT content
    • A minimum of 12 units or subjects (overseas degrees may contain less units or subjects)
    • 50% ICT content for a 2 year Graduate Diploma or Masters qualification
    • 33% ICT content for a 3 year Graduate Diploma or Masters qualification
  • A post graduate qualification (Graduate Diploma, Masters or Doctoral qualification) that requires at least a Bachelor qualification with a major in ICT for entry into the course, must have ICT content of at least 33%, all of which must be at post graduate level.

ICT Minor Criteria:

A Bachelor or higher qualification is assessed as a Minor when the ICT content is at least two thirds of the requirements for a major.

Insufficient ICT Content:

All qualifications with ICT content less than the requirement for a Minor are assessed as Non-ICT qualifications.

Detail From ACS Rules Book:
Thanks for the information

shabaranks

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hello,

I had my assessment done by ACS, and the result I got is as follows;

Your skill has been assessed as positive under Analyst programmer as an ICT major.
Your bachelor degree has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate degree.

Does this mean I can claim 15 points for degree? I am a bit confused. An advice will be appreciated.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
AQF associate degree is AQF level 6 qualification, same as AQF advance diploma. You have to check with assessing authority how many points you can get (as it is in some grey area).

You can just try submitting a test EOI to check how much point you can get.

Hi,

Thank you for your earlier response, it was very informative.

I have a couple of other questions -

1. I finished my Bachelors Degree (B.B.A Computer Applications) in June 2011. I started my relevant experience job in April 2011 and continued working till Jan 2016.
I started a Diploma in I.T in Australia in Feb 2016. Any idea what my skill met date would be? Would it be 2016 or 2011? I am a little confused on this.

Also do you think I have a good chance of passing the skill assessment with 4.8 years experience? I am getting it done myself and not going through an agent as I have all the documentation ready. I am an onshore applicant and applying for an ICT Business Analyst skill assessment. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

I dont have a problem if they deduct the experience as long as they give me a successful assessment result, I will be able to crack pte or ielts.

Thank you.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I finished my Bachelors Degree (B.B.A Computer Applications) in June 2011. I started my relevant experience job in April 2011 and continued working till Jan 2016.
I started a Diploma in I.T in Australia in Feb 2016. Any idea what my skill met date would be? Would it be 2016 or 2011? I am a little confused on this.
If you want ACS to consider your Bachelors Degree, it'll be Jun 2011, for diploma it should be Jan 2016.

Also do you think I have a good chance of passing the skill assessment with 4.8 years experience?
You need minimum numbers of experience to meet suitability criteria.

I would also like to know if there is any other Skill Assessment body like ACS for I.T related skills?
No

shabaranks

Wanderer
Timeline missing
AQF associate degree is AQF level 6 qualification, same as AQF advance diploma. You have to check with assessing authority how many points you can get (as it is in some grey area).

You can just try submitting a test EOI to check how much point you can get.

Thank you. Upon checking, I confirmed that Associate degree can only be awarded 10 points.
Do you think its advisable to reassess with ACS? Because I noticed that on my assessment result letter, they stated "my bachelor degree in I.T", where as my degree is a bachelor honours degree I.T (4years). Could there have been a mistake from the case officer? At least, if they are to downgrade a 4years Bachelor honours degree, it shouldn't go below a 3years bachelors degree.
I also noticed that on my transcript, my completed dissertation was stated as project. Could it be that ACS saw this as an ordinary project instead of a dissertation? I am thinking of reapplying with a detailed course outline of all my courses maybe that could address some areas.
Your advice will be appreciated.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of could, which can only be answered by ACS. You can make an query with them.

On a side note, advance diploma and associate degree both are in AQF level 6, and I have heard advance diploma getting 15 points. AQF Level 5 (only diploma) gets 10 points for sure.

So, it is not black & white 10 points for AQF level 6. It is also advised by the DIBP to clarify with assessing authority whether you get 10 or 15 points for associate degree.

DIBP said:
Q. What does it mean by Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma? Are they the same as a Bachelor degree?

A. You should contact your assessing authority and ask them to confirm if your qualifications are of the recognised standard to an Australian Bachelor Degree.

http://migrationblog.border.gov.au/category/points-tested-skilled-migration-visas/

a2.PNG

This is a long thread with lots of replies. For better visibility and response, consider posting in a new thread unless your topic is closely related to the subject of this thread.
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.