• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS - document required to be submitted

sam

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi,
I am a software engineer and working for a software company since 10.5 years . I want to apply to ACS for skills assessment . please can you help answer my below question

i joined company `A` ( which is a US based software company) in January 2004 and worked there for 8 years . In 2012 company `A` was taken over by company `B` ( which is a US based software company) and my employment was transferred from company A to company B .

Now i want to apply to ACS for skills assessment , can i give only a experience certificate from company B for 10.5 years ( as company A was taken over by company B and , subsequently my employment was transferred to company B and company B has given me a experience letter for a total 10.5 years on company B letter head) . as i understand that ACS approval letter has the name of the compnay we worked for mentioned in the approval letter
Or do i need to get 2 experience certificates , one from company A ( for 8 years) nad 2 years from company B
and while visa process after i get invite , will the visa office accept my cumulate work experience for 10.5 years from company B , on compan yB letter head

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As I understand the Company A itself has been acquired by Company B, not any project & employees have been transferred from A to B. So, if you manage your experience certificate of 10.5 yrs from Company B, it should be okay. To be more certain, email to ACS, they are quite responsive.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.