ACS ACS for Electronics and Communications engineering from India

neelnrj

Timeline missing
Hello There,

I couldn't find a similar thread in this forum so posting my query here .

I have a query regarding ACS assessment for a SQL DBA with Bachelors degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India .

I have 11 Years of experience as a SQL DBA (ANZSCO code 263111) with ECE degree .
I am now confused if my skills would be considered as ICT minor ? or do I need to go with RPL?

and Also please let me know if the job reference letter from employer needs to have generic roles and responsibilities or should I explain the tasks and roles in the letter ?

Anyone who has had the same issue and have taken the assessment , I would really appreciate if you can share some inputs on how your case was assessed

Thanks in advance .

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am now confused if my skills would be considered as ICT minor ? or do I need to go with RPL?
ICT major/minor is a distinction of your qualification, not experience. Depending on the content of your ECE degree, it can be classified as ICT major/minor or non-ICT. If your qualification is deemed as non-ICT, only then you'll need an RPL.

and Also please let me know if the job reference letter from employer needs to have generic roles and responsibilities or should I explain the tasks and roles in the letter ?
You shouldn't write an essay, but you should clearly point out your exact roles so that ACS can match your skill with 263111.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.