ACS ACS- RPL-Education

Hi,

I am having 13+ years of working experience as an IT Analyst and Programmer. I am planning to get my skills accessed under 261311 - Analyst Programmer, and I have all roles and responsibilities certificates from my employers, along with salary slips and other related documents.

Could you please help me with the below queries.
  • I am having 4 years of Bachelors Degree in Instrumentation and Control engineering which had 2-3 subjects and a project which was related to the IT programming. Could you please confirm if I need to apply for Skills (general application) or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and how many years of experience will be deducted in both cases.
  • If in case I have to go through RPL, does ACS will assess my education degree of Instrumentation and Control engineering too, so that I can claim the education points in my further process, or do I need to get my education accessed from some other authority.
  • Could anyone share or guide me on how to write a proper RPL, and can I write the same without getting it done by third party agents.
I would be highly obliged to get guidance and response.

Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am having 4 years of Bachelors Degree in Instrumentation and Control engineering which had 2-3 subjects and a project which was related to the IT programming. Could you please confirm if I need to apply for Skills (general application) or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and how many years of experience will be deducted in both cases.
ACS assessment suitability criteria - Year deduction from experience

If in case I have to go through RPL, does ACS will assess my education degree of Instrumentation and Control engineering too, so that I can claim the education points in my further process, or do I need to get my education accessed from some other authority.
ACS won't assess non ICT degree. However, as long as it meets the Australian standard, you can claim points. To make sure your degree meets the Australian standard, you can go for VETASSESS point test advice.

Could anyone share or guide me on how to write a proper RPL
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.