ACS Skills Met Date Questions

A

ACS Skills Assessment

I recently applied for ACS accreditation under ICT Business Analyst and they've already responded with my results. They recognized my Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering as not related to ICT Business Analyst thus needing 4 years of my work experience.

Below are my credited work experiences and as per ACS, my Skills Met Date is 02/15.

Company A
Date: 01/11 - 02/14 (3yrs 1mos.)

Company B
Date: 03/14 - 01/17 (2 yrs. 10 mos.)

I am currently taking up Masters in IT here in Australia and will be finishing my degree on 02/18. If I file again for accreditation after finishing my Masters Degree, will ACS be fully crediting my 5yrs and 11 mos. working experience?

Thanks!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If I file again for accreditation after finishing my Masters Degree, will ACS be fully crediting my 5yrs and 11 mos. working experience?
Even then you cannot claim point for experience before 02/18. There are two criteria which you need to meet before you can claim point for experience:
  • You meet suitability criteria (e.g. you reach Skill Level Requirement Met Date)
  • Your qualification (that your assessment is based on) is completed
So, even if your Skill Level Requirement Met Date is earlier, you can't claim point before 02/18 if you get an assessment based on your Masters degree.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.