• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Adding newborn to subclass 189

cheenujunk

Wanderer
Timeline missing
How could we add a newborn baby to subclass 189 visa?

If visa is not lodged before, do we have to add newborn child as dependent?
If yes, it would be taking weeks to get a passport and how is that one can add child as a dependent without a passport number? I am assuming system would not allow me to, am I correct?

If visa was lodged before, border.gov.au states that we can go ahead let the CO know by 1022 form. But, do we do this before birth certificate issued, or do we need to attach birth certificate and/or passport as well?

I am trying to take time in the invite period so that when CO will advice for Medicals, I could do it provided my wife has delivered. Someone can throw light on how to add child before lodging if its a newborn.

Thanks!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If visa is not lodged before, do we have to add newborn child as dependent?If yes, it would be taking weeks to get a passport and how is that one can add child as a dependent without a passport number? I am assuming system would not allow me to, am I correct?
That's a good question. I don't have a clear answer for that.

If visa was lodged before, border.gov.au states that we can go ahead let the CO know by 1022 form. But, do we do this before birth certificate issued, or do we need to attach birth certificate and/or passport as well?
You'd need a birth certificate, which should be provided immediately after birth, no?
https://www.border.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/189-nz/if-you-have-a-newborn-child.aspx

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
I am trying to take time in the invite period so that when CO will advice for Medicals, I could do it provided my wife has delivered. Someone can throw light on how to add child before lodging if its a newborn.

Plus a medical couldn't be done while your wife is pregnant I believe.

cheenujunk

Wanderer
Timeline missing
That's a good question. I don't have a clear answer for that.
You'd need a birth certificate, which should be provided immediately after birth, no?
https://www.border.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/189-nz/if-you-have-a-newborn-child.aspx

It takes 2-3 weeks for a birth certificate in my case, though it could be sooner. They should have kept the rule based on invitation date, not based on lodging date. Seems confusing!

Plus a medical couldn't be done while your wife is pregnant I believe.
exactly.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It takes 2-3 weeks for a birth certificate in my case, though it could be sooner. They should have kept the rule based on invitation date, not based on lodging date. Seems confusing!
Whatever it is, I am pretty sure you won't have any issue. You can just give DIBP a call for clarification.

Shiranga

Wanderer
SC
Point
App.
2017-01-27
CO
2017-02-08
HC
2017-09-02

exactly.

Hi

It is not that complicated you can ask your CO to hold the application till babies documents get ready. When they are ready (Birth certificate, Passport and a photo) upload under main applicant with the for 1022. At the same time you can email all to your CO. Within few weeks (cannot predict) CO will contact you for medicals.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.