• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

After citizenship test status don’t change?

Hi, a month ago I passed my citizenship test; however my status on IMMI says still “received”. I have a few friends going through the same and their status changed to “accepted” I believe the day after they passed their test. They also received a physical letter to their email.

I was wondering if I should be worried or if anyone has had the same experience.

Many Thanks,
Henry

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It's common. For some lucky applicants, the approval is (almost) immediate - their status is changed on the same day and the physical letter is posted. But for some others, it takes a few months. As soon as your application is approved, your status will be updated and you will receive the formal letter within a few days.

However, the delay doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. Though it's not entirely clear what exactly causes this difference, but most likely something to do with the queue on that particular center, the efficiency of the workforce of that center etc. I have seen a lot of cases where approval took a few months, but there was no additional check/call happened.

Bamborabi

Timeline missing
Hi, a month ago I passed my citizenship test; however my status on IMMI says still “received”. I have a few friends going through the same and their status changed to “accepted” I believe the day after they passed their test. They also received a physical letter to their email.

I was wondering if I should be worried or if anyone has had the same experience.

Many Thanks,
Henry
Hi Henry,

Any update after your test ? Have you received your approval as yet or has your immi status changed to APPROVED ?

Regards
Bamborabi

Siddhesh

Commoner
MSA
2017-07-12
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2018-02-24
Inv.
2018-03-02
App.
2018-04-18
HC
2018-04-16
Grant
2018-08-14
Is there any tracker like that of immitracker which is for visas. Is there something out there for citizenship?

MSA
2017-07-12
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2018-02-24
Inv.
2018-03-02
App.
2018-04-18
HC
2018-04-16
Grant
2018-08-14

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Immitracker is a 3rd party forum, not official. There is no official tracker, but you'll find a similar tracker for citizenship in several sites including ImmiTracker.

Siddhesh

Commoner
MSA
2017-07-12
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2018-02-24
Inv.
2018-03-02
App.
2018-04-18
HC
2018-04-16
Grant
2018-08-14
T
Immitracker is a 3rd party forum, not official. There is no official tracker, but you'll find a similar tracker for citizenship in several sites including ImmiTracker.
thanks for your reply. I saw it in the immitracker but there is hardly any information.

Cheers.

MSA
2017-07-12
Skill
SC
190 NSW
Point
EOI
2018-02-24
Inv.
2018-03-02
App.
2018-04-18
HC
2018-04-16
Grant
2018-08-14

Many Thanks,
Henry
Hi Henry,
How much time it took your application status changed from received to approved? Me and my wife did the test and interview the same day, her status was changed on the same day but my is still pending with received, so how much time it took ur application to change from received to approved?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I know a similar case where both husband and wife appeared in the test/interview on the same day, and wife's were approved on the same day as well. The husband's took a little more than 3 months.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
They don't send any email, they mail hard copy of approval letter. The best way to check before getting the letter is, as you said, check status in your ImmiAccount.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.