General Applying for 887 PR dependent requirements ?

Sangeeth

Timeline missing
i am on a 489 Visa and currently fulfilling the requirements to get my PR. My wife is also the dependent applicant and she is living with me in Australia.

However due to urgent personal matter she left to my home country for few months. So when i am applying for 887 visa where she will be dependent, does she also needs to fulfill 2 year stay in Australia ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
The criteria only demand the primary applicant to fulfill the criteria, to my best knowledge.

Zanoor

Wanderer
Timeline missing
However, in the required documents section for the partner, the below things are added. I haven't seen this in the past, so it might be a new rule, or might be there for long but hidden somewhere.

Hence, from the below quote, it seems like you cannot be added in your situation..

DIBP said:
Living requirement
Provide proof that your partner has lived for at least two years on an eligible visa in either:
  • regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area
  • a designated area of Australia.

@MysticRiver the above quoted message is yours from other thread.. On dibp site it says that dependents should also fulfill the 2 years living in regional area requirement..

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
DIBP said:
Living requirement
Provide proof that your partner has lived for at least two years on an eligible visa in either:
  • regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area
  • a designated area of Australia.

@MysticRiver the above quoted message is yours from other thread.. On dibp site it says that dependents should also fulfill the 2 years living in regional area requirement..

Oh damn, how did I forget that! Thanks for notifying!

Tagging @Sangeeth here, he/she needs to join the discussion.

Just for future reference

However, in the required documents section for the partner, the below things are added. I haven't seen this in the past, so it might be a new rule, or might be there for long but hidden somewhere.
That referred:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/887-?modal=/visas/supporting/Pages/887/documents-partner.aspx

Sangeeth

Timeline missing

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Full-time work criteria were never there for a dependent.

The living criteria for the dependent was there in the DHA website in the past, however, it has been removed from the new version. However, there has been no official announcement for the same.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.