• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Architect skilled employment

gaurav26

Timeline missing
Hello Fellow architects

Any Indian Architect there who has got positive skill assessment?

I have done B.Arch ,5 year degree from PTU Punjab, India
My wife has done 5 year B.Arch Degree from GNDU, India. Also she has done M.arch(2 years) in Urban Design from GNDU, Amritsar, India.

The problem is that our course has mandatory 6 month training which is not counted by the AACA for positive skill assessment.

Shall we proceed for the assessment for my wife as she is having 10+4 semesters of study(B.Arch +M.Arch) or should we go by some other profession such as A.D or university lecturer.

Your views will be appreciated

Thanks

gaurav26

Timeline missing
Hi all,
I am wanting to submit my EOI (SC189) for the occupation of architect. I am now a bit puzzled as to whether my past work experience will be considered 'skilled'.
I completed my undergraduate degree in architecture (BArch) in 2011, I did one year of non related work, followed by 2 years and 2 months of related work. (as an architectural technologist- full time). I then returned to my studies completing my honours and masters degrees in Architecture (2015 & 2016).
I have since been working as an architect full time (2017- present).

According to the DoHA website, in order to claim skilled employment it must be:
• in the 10 years before you are invited to apply you completed at least 20 hours of paid work per week in your nominated occupation and/or a closely related occupation.

Closely-related occupations must be:
- in the same ANZSCO Unit Group or
- consistent with a career advancement pathway or
- determined by an assessing authority that it is closely related to your nominated occupation.
-- The AACA does not assess work experience for migration.

Can anyone please confirm whether the 2 years as an architectural technologist and further one full year as an architect (3 years in total) would be deemed as skilled? ( To my understanding, my work experience does fulfill these criteria). This does affect the points I m able to claim and I don't want to overclaim if i have misunderstood.

Thanks

Hey from which college did you complete your bachelor and masters? I am bit confused about the skill assessment

Thanks

Hi,
I am also for the skill assessment. And i need little help with the cover letter. Can you help me with that.

Did you find anything??

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.