Architect skilled employment

gaurav26

Timeline missing
Hello Fellow architects

Any Indian Architect there who has got positive skill assessment?

I have done B.Arch ,5 year degree from PTU Punjab, India
My wife has done 5 year B.Arch Degree from GNDU, India. Also she has done M.arch(2 years) in Urban Design from GNDU, Amritsar, India.

The problem is that our course has mandatory 6 month training which is not counted by the AACA for positive skill assessment.

Shall we proceed for the assessment for my wife as she is having 10+4 semesters of study(B.Arch +M.Arch) or should we go by some other profession such as A.D or university lecturer.

Your views will be appreciated

Thanks

gaurav26

Timeline missing
Hi all,
I am wanting to submit my EOI (SC189) for the occupation of architect. I am now a bit puzzled as to whether my past work experience will be considered 'skilled'.
I completed my undergraduate degree in architecture (BArch) in 2011, I did one year of non related work, followed by 2 years and 2 months of related work. (as an architectural technologist- full time). I then returned to my studies completing my honours and masters degrees in Architecture (2015 & 2016).
I have since been working as an architect full time (2017- present).

According to the DoHA website, in order to claim skilled employment it must be:
• in the 10 years before you are invited to apply you completed at least 20 hours of paid work per week in your nominated occupation and/or a closely related occupation.

Closely-related occupations must be:
- in the same ANZSCO Unit Group or
- consistent with a career advancement pathway or
- determined by an assessing authority that it is closely related to your nominated occupation.
-- The AACA does not assess work experience for migration.

Can anyone please confirm whether the 2 years as an architectural technologist and further one full year as an architect (3 years in total) would be deemed as skilled? ( To my understanding, my work experience does fulfill these criteria). This does affect the points I m able to claim and I don't want to overclaim if i have misunderstood.

Thanks

Hey from which college did you complete your bachelor and masters? I am bit confused about the skill assessment

Thanks

Hi,
I am also for the skill assessment. And i need little help with the cover letter. Can you help me with that.

Did you find anything??

Hi everyone,
I am an architect from overseas. I have applied for my skill assessment and I have worked as an Architectural draftperson in the past two years. Anyone could tell me If it could be a related occupation for architect to claim 5 points?
Hi Lina,
I am in a similar situation.
Did you find out if the Architectural draftsperson is a related occupation for architect?
Thanks!

Asmi

Timeline missing
Hi @PD86,

Because we are offshore I did not have the combined assessment done. This would have been ideal but a lack of Australian experience and the timeframe in which to have phase 2 done would have been problematic. I think if you're already in Australia it may be well worth looking into.
That's where your job experience and putting a portfolio to showcase work experience would be paramount. Unfortunately I have not explored this as yet.

The Aaca skills assessment (part 1 at least) only refers to your qualification, not work experience therefore we did not submit any of this for the assessment.
I cant be 100% sure but I think the AACA are most concerned withmaking sure your qualification adequately covers all of the 7 core areas of study as offered in australian universities. Should you be able to adequately prove this, there should be no hassle. They may not recognise practical semesters, but rather focus on what makes your degree similar and more importantly adequate and on par with that of those studied in australia.
In terms of the PR application it is generally recommended that when submitting an EOI you have proof of all the claims made. Whist at EOI stage you do not upload any of these docs, one should be ready with all documents. (Uploaded at the time of visa application)
To my knowledge, work experience post-masters qualification is eligible for points. The documents gathered were a letter from my direct supervisors stating that I was remunerated for each of the following roles, and describing roles amd responsibilities I filled as well as the dates of my employment in the firm. Also monthly proof that I was paid for the work and rightfully employed by the firm. (Employment contracts, and taxation documents.)

I hope this may be of some help.
Hi Beaches,

I came to know that you are done with your assessment part and granted a state sponsorship. I am wondering to do skill assessment now with an overseas qualification of 5 years degree. However, I am struggling to write cover letter. Could you please, assist me in doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Hi everyone,
I am applying for the skill assessment , Done with self assesment matrix and syllabus part

Can anyone mail me the sample cover letter on <No personal details to be included in public posts>

Hi Gaurav,

I was wondering if you could provide me the cover letter if you have got it. Because, I am on the way to do skill assessment for overseas qualification of architecture. However, I am struggling with the cover letter. Could you please, help me with this stuff?

Thanks,

H
Hi,

I am wondering to do skill assessment for Architect occupation. However, I am struggling with writing cover letter. Can anyone assist me in doing this?

Thanks,

Hi Gaurav,

I did my bachelor in architecture of 5 years from Nepal and did masters of urban planning from Australia.

Hello Fellow architects

Any Indian Architect there who has got positive skill assessment?

I have done B.Arch ,5 year degree from PTU Punjab, India
My wife has done 5 year B.Arch Degree from GNDU, India. Also she has done M.arch(2 years) in Urban Design from GNDU, Amritsar, India.

The problem is that our course has mandatory 6 month training which is not counted by the AACA for positive skill assessment.

Shall we proceed for the assessment for my wife as she is having 10+4 semesters of study(B.Arch +M.Arch) or should we go by some other profession such as A.D or university lecturer.

Your views will be appreciated

Thanks
Hi,

I had made a call for AACA regarding this. Because, I had the same scenario. 5 yrs bachelor with one semester internship. And, 1.5 years of masters degree in urban planning. They asked me to combine 2 degrees so that I could fulfill the lack of 6 months by masters degree.

Only for bachelor degree with 6 months internship, no chance of getting positive skill assessment.

Thanks

O
Hi Lina,
I am in a similar situation.
Did you find out if the Architectural draftsperson is a related occupation for architect?
Thanks!

Of course it is.. i guess..

Hi Beaches,

I came to know that you are done with your assessment part and granted a state sponsorship. I am wondering to do skill assessment now with an overseas qualification of 5 years degree. However, I am struggling to write cover letter. Could you please, assist me in doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Gaurav,

I was wondering if you could provide me the cover letter if you have got it. Because, I am on the way to do skill assessment for overseas qualification of architecture. However, I am struggling with the cover letter. Could you please, help me with this stuff?

Thanks,

H

Hi Gaurav,

I did my bachelor in architecture of 5 years from Nepal and did masters of urban planning from Australia.

Hi,

I had made a call for AACA regarding this. Because, I had the same scenario. 5 yrs bachelor with one semester internship. And, 1.5 years of masters degree in urban planning. They asked me to combine 2 degrees so that I could fulfill the lack of 6 months by masters degree.

Only for bachelor degree with 6 months internship, no chance of getting positive skill assessment.

Thanks

O

Hi. I did my bachelors in Architecture from Nepal and master of architecture science from Australia. Any Nepalese architects here who got positive skill assessment?

Timeline missing
Hi Beaches,

Thanks in advance,

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks,

H

Hi Gaurav,

Hi,

Thanks

O

Hi. I'm also an architect from Nepal. Did you get a positive skill assessment?

Hi all,
I have completed my skill assessment from AACA and about to launch my application. For scoring under work experience for architects, is related work experience before registration considered? Most of us register upon receiving our degree which is a few months after graduation. But we started working immediately after graduation as Architects. So can this experience be accounted for in scoring?

Hi all,
I have completed my skill assessment from AACA and about to launch my application. For scoring under work experience for architects, is related work experience before registration considered? Most of us register upon receiving our degree which is a few months after graduation. But we started working immediately after graduation as Architects. So can this experience be accounted for in scoring?
Did you just get your bachelors or bachelors/masters combined assessed? I believe the employment after your qualification was deemed eligible will be accounted.

Timeline missing
Hi all,
If you assessed just bachelors, your experience after bachelors will count. If you assessed bachelors+masters then after that will be scored.

Ranjani

Wanderer
Timeline missing
If you assessed just bachelors, your experience after bachelors will count. If you assessed bachelors+masters then after that will be scored.
Thanks for writing. My AACA report indicated my registration date under qualification and was assessed for both bachelor and masters. Guess shouldn't consider the prior experience then.

Arch55

Timeline missing
Hi Everyone,

Any Architects managed to get positive skill assessment from AACA with 5-year Bachelor Degree?

I'm planning to apply for skill assessment under Architect (232111) but I couldn't see anyone on this forum who got positive assessment with 5 years degree.

Is it required to have Masters Degree to get positive outcome? Could you please someone advise on this?

Arch55

Timeline missing
Hi @PD86,

Because we are offshore I did not have the combined assessment done. This would have been ideal but a lack of Australian experience and the timeframe in which to have phase 2 done would have been problematic. I think if you're already in Australia it may be well worth looking into.
That's where your job experience and putting a portfolio to showcase work experience would be paramount. Unfortunately I have not explored this as yet.

The Aaca skills assessment (part 1 at least) only refers to your qualification, not work experience therefore we did not submit any of this for the assessment.
I cant be 100% sure but I think the AACA are most concerned withmaking sure your qualification adequately covers all of the 7 core areas of study as offered in australian universities. Should you be able to adequately prove this, there should be no hassle. They may not recognise practical semesters, but rather focus on what makes your degree similar and more importantly adequate and on par with that of those studied in australia.
In terms of the PR application it is generally recommended that when submitting an EOI you have proof of all the claims made. Whist at EOI stage you do not upload any of these docs, one should be ready with all documents. (Uploaded at the time of visa application)
To my knowledge, work experience post-masters qualification is eligible for points. The documents gathered were a letter from my direct supervisors stating that I was remunerated for each of the following roles, and describing roles amd responsibilities I filled as well as the dates of my employment in the firm. Also monthly proof that I was paid for the work and rightfully employed by the firm. (Employment contracts, and taxation documents.)

Hi Beaches,

I'm preparing the documents to submit AACA Assessment. Could you please help me if you have any sample cover letter and skill matrix?

To prove that my qualification adequately covers all of the 7 core areas of study as offered in Australian universities, Do we need to pickup one Australian University and compare their syllabus with our degree in the cover Letter?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Arch55

Timeline missing
Hi everyone,

I am looking to get AACA assessment done - stage 1, getting stuck with Self assessment matrix and cover letter.
I have my syllabus ready in pdf format.

Can anyone please guide me where I can find some samples or could provide me if youll have got it done for self assessment matrix and a cover letter showing how my overseas qualification (India) is comparable to Australian standard.

Thanks peeps.

Hi Siddhesh,

I'm currently in the same situation and stuck with Self assessment matrix and cover letter. I have my syllabus ready.

Could you please guide me if you have any sample cover Letter and skill matrix? It will be very helpful for me in my current situation.

Thanks a lot !!

Timeline missing
Hi Siddhesh,

Have you already applied to AACA? I am applying soon and am hoping someone can help with a little information. :) i.e. the matrix and a sample of the cover letter.

Thanks!
Hi,
I am applying for my skill assessment from AACA but stucked in self assessment matrix and the cover letter. I have been searching for the samples but i did not find any. As you guys have already got the outcome, would you please help me on this.

thanks

Timeline missing
Hi all,
Hi Ranjani,
I am on my may to apply for my skill assessment from AACA. I have completed my bachlors in architure, a 5 year course from Nepal. I am having difficulty in writing self assessment matrix and cover letter. Would you please help me in these two topics.

Thanks in advance

Hi @PD86,

Hi there, thank for your information. It was really helpful. But may I ask the company where you worked, was there registered or at least was there registered architect? The person I've been working isn't registered. My immigrate agent said my work experience will not be admitted. But there's very limited cases in this field so he wasn't really sure.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @PD86,

Hi,

Where do we include the practical training/internship gained as part of the 5 year coursework in the assessment matrix? should it be included under any of the 7 core areas or should this be stated as other subjects.?

Jibi

Timeline missing
Hi @PD86,

Hi,

Seeking your help with regards to filling the assessment matrix.

Where do we include the practical training/internship gained as part of the 5 yr course work in the skills assessment matrix? does this need to be included under one of the seven core areas or does this need to be stated under 'other subject'?

Thanks

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.