Info Are the Skilled Nominated Visas (Subclass 190) & Skills Assessment being processed?

nolimit966

Wanderer
MSA
2021-01-29
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2021-03-19
Hi there,

I am looking at apply for a Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190) as my role which I have been in for 7 and a half years is on the list (261212 WEB DEVELOPER).
I have taken a points test online and it shows that at present I would have 65 points (via the calculator) which could make me eligible for invitation (depending on my English test score). That is including my partner on my Visa. I do have a number of questions which are not so clear online if anyone could help me please?

The score is 65 points from the calculator was only based on me having a minimum of proficient English (which would need to be tested). If I scored 'Superior' in the English test that would give me 75 points. Does the higher the points give me a better advantage for an invitation at all and should I be trying my hardest to get the absolute maximum score when it comes to IELTS test?

Are the Australia gov processing Skilled Nominated Visas at the moment with whats going on (Covid19 etc) or would it be a waste of money me submitting my Skills assessment in the coming weeks?

If my job title is on the Skilled Nominated visa list but my partners is not, was it correct to have selected the following from the points calculator:
Your spouse or de factor parent must also be an applicant for this visa and has competent English

(These were the question and options:
Partner skills Select the relevant partner skills qualifications:
Your spouse or de factor parent must also be an applicant for this visa and has competent English & skills criteria
Your spouse or de factor parent must also be an applicant for this visa and has competent English)

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Does the higher the points give me a better advantage for an invitation at all and should I be trying my hardest to get the absolute maximum score when it comes to IELTS test?
Absolutely. The higher points you score, the better chance you possess.

Are the Australia gov processing Skilled Nominated Visas at the moment with whats going on (Covid19 etc) or would it be a waste of money me submitting my Skills assessment in the coming weeks?
The number has reduced considerably, so most likely you would need a higher point to get an invitation to apply for PR at this moment.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.