• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS Assesment for past experience alone - closely related enough? any points??

shayl

Timeline missing
Hello,

I'm preparing to apply an assessment as a software developer. I have zero academic background but in the past 6 years I've been working as a web developer, which means I need to do an RPL as well.

The thing is, five years before working as a web developer, I worked in I.T as something that's not completely defined by the ANZSCO codes...

It's very similar to I.T support and I'm not sure if it's closely related enough to the code of a software developer.. anyone might have past experience to share maybe?

I was in-charge of maintaining different CRM softwares, mostly web based applications, making sure they work properly, investigating and resolving any faults, backing up databases, implementing new production code versions and such... anyone might know if it's closely related enough to a software developer??

Thanks,
Shay.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

shayl

Timeline missing
Ok so I think I got it better now.. I'm going to apply for my skilled assessment with the ACS using 8 years of experience + RPL which is the minimum requirement and with any more years of experience beyond those 8 years, I could apply for immigration points.

I just need to approve my past experience as close enough to the relevant ANZSCO code I'm applying for.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.