• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Assessment of Professional Qualifications as an EA Member (Professional)

wackythrow

SC
App.
2017-09-10
My application to Membership application to Engineers Australia was just approved at the Grade of Member (Professional) for with a fee of $380.25 which I've not paid yet for the following reason:

My Migration Skills Assessment application is giving me an additional cost of $410.00 for "Application for Assessment of Professional Engineering Qualifications (Washington Accord)", making the total for the MSA application around $740. My question is, Does becoming a member absolve me from this fee? Cause It's redundant as They've already assessed my Qualifications for the Membership application.

As I see it right now, I should forget about becoming a member and just go for the Migration Skills Assessment application, is this the right way to do it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-09-20 17.45.52.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-20 17.45.52.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Screenshot 2017-09-20 17.43.54.png
    Screenshot 2017-09-20 17.43.54.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 196

wackythrow

SC
App.
2017-09-10
Hi, Just to update this thread in case anyone else is inquiring about the same thing in the future: After getting my membership with EA (which did an assessment of my qualifications during this step), The fee of $410.00 for "Application for Assessment of Professional Engineering Qualifications (Washington Accord)" was reduced to zero for my MRA Application.

It's not a discount, but it's nice of them to not make me double pay.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.