• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

EA Assessment outcome, Feedback , Engineering associate !

modibitar1

Timeline missing
Good day all !

I am a Mechanical engineer with 5+ Years of experience as sr. product support engineer, I have recently submitted my Application to EA on fast track basis ( CDR) , I chose professional engineer, they replied back in 3 weeks time , I have received request from assessor to add document for employment ( work permit ) which is fine , in addition, I received comments in statement summary feedback as follow :

Based on your career episode, it became evident that you are normally operating within a relatively well-defined technical part of mechanical engineering environment, and undertake a wide range of functions and responsibilities.

However, you are lacking to carry the professional engineering wide-ranging responsibilities taken on behalf of stakeholder and professional involvement into system integration; for synthesising overall approaches to complex situations and complex engineering problems. At the same time, being developed as an engineering associate, you have a great exposure to technical coordination as well as grounding in the area of mechanical technology and technical support. Based on this career episodes’ summary the best qualification outcome is the mechanical engineering associate “

Before I reply to this , I’m not really sure what does he mean ! , my concerns are:

1- Does he mean that my assessment outcome will be engineer associate instead of professional engineer ? if that’s the case im afraid that I will be no more eligible for Visa 189 as engineering associate is not on SOL list . Have anyone who has bachelor degree of engineering got outcome of Engineering associate from EA ?

2- Should I reply to him ? Does he want me to reply on this ? what would be my best comments to assessor on this ?!

Any help/advises are much appreciated !

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering? Can you please post your academic qualification details? Associate Engineers actually meant for people with 2 years diploma. So if you have a bachelor, I am very surprised by EA's email.

With Associate Engineers, you have following skills listed

Engineering Associate Category (Skill Level 2)
Civil Engineering Draftsperson (312211) including specializations
Electrical Engineering Draftsperson (312311) including specializations
Electronics Engineering Draftsperson (312411) including specializations
Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson (312511) including specializations
Telecommunication Field Engineer (313212)
Telecommunications Network Planner (313213)
Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist (313214)
Building & Engineering Technicians nec (312999)

Here is the major distinction between engineers
Professional Engineer
The required academic qualification is an Australian 4 year bachelor degree in engineering at a University following 12 years of schooling or equivalent.

Engineering Technologist
The required academic qualification is an Australian 3 year bachelor of technology degree in engineering following 12 years of schooling or equivalent.

Engineering Associate
The required academic qualification is an Australian 2 year Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree in engineering following 12 years of schooling or equivalent.

M

modibitar12

Sorry for late reply, my qualification is mechanical engineering, 5 years degree, however, EA provides outcome based on career episodes provided, in my case, I based 2 of them on work experience and 1 on education, mostly, that is the reason, however, I'm thinking to drop the hassle of work experience, and make episodes based on my education and get +ve outcome, and compensate points buy studying IELTS so hard to get 8's

what do you think ? good plan ?

Thanks

Mohammed

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt your CEs have anything to do with your non-recognized Bachelor. I have seen many many people who wrote 2 or even all 3 of their career episodes based on their experience, yet easily assessed their Bachelor degree (as Bachelor). I think, EA's decision is related to your institution. I know for a fact that, for many institutions, EA doesn't consider their Bachelor having Aussie standard.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Most probably you did not pay for RSEA (relevant skilled employment assessment), that's why EA did not assess your experience. While RSEA is highly recommended, it's not mandatory. So, you can either proceed for your RSEA now, or apply without that.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.