• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

australia immigration with Msc clinical psycology

melba

Timeline missing
Hi Admin,

i completed Msc in clinical psycology and BA in sociology. i would like to immigrate to Australia. I have 1 year experience on a period 2010-2011. So do i need more experience? or can i apply with zero experience and my education is sufficient to apply

thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on several things:
  • First you need to find a matching skill in SOL or CSOL
  • Then you need to assess your education from respective assessing authority (list is provided in the same links above).
  • Then you need to calculate your total points
  • If you can accumulate minimum 60 points, you are eligible to apply.
  • Please note, if you have a suitable occupation only in CSOL (not in SOL), you can only apply for state sponsored visas.
If you can successfully complete the above steps, zero experience will not be an issue.

melba

Timeline missing
Thank you,

i could see the code in SQL as Clinical Psychologist 272311 APS. here another question is about my education as Msc in clinical psycology and BA in Sociology. Can i claim 15 points for MSc as i worked 1 year as clinical psycologist. do i need more work experience to meet the edicational qualification?

thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Actually it depends on your assessing authority. Some authority (like ACS) has different rule where Masters are followed by ICT/non-ICT bachelor. In your case, you need to contact APS.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.