Australian Citizenship 2018

sayef_1

Timeline missing
My wife was awarded permanent residency back in 2009 having stayed in Australia since 2007 & I am a Citizen of Australia since 2007. My wife had to go back overseas during the end of 2009 & spent 7 years because of her sick parents(have complete medical records), I also had to follow her as I had to undergo a surgery in 2008/9 and was unable to work for at least a year and my Father has fallen sick too (bed rest) and I was the only person to look after my Dad. In 2011, our first child was born & in 2013 the second child came into our life & got both their citizenships through Australian High commission based in overseas. We came back to see our friends in 2011,2013 & 2015.

She came back in Aus in 2016 (Dec) and lived here for the past 13 months and my kids are now going to school & childcare. we would now like to apply for Citizenship with Ministerial Discretion (Discretion 5) for her to consider the time we lived outside Australia together. Has anyone been through this situation? If yes, how long the process took and what was the outcome? What documents you had provided. Planning to apply in another week's time. appreciate your feedback.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't faced this situation, but I guess you should throw all possible documents you can think of to support the claims, e.g. medical certificates, proof of living together etc.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
They are supposed to try it again after July. Applications submitted on or after 1st July are likely to be kept on hold unless the Senate votes on the bill.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.