2017 Australian citizenship - Documents checklist

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
That's an interesting question that I am not sure about. I would just get it from a GP to avoid any confusion.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You are supposed to have your name on the contract.

JanithaR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-02-22
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
65/70
EOI
2018-04-21
Hi, in regards to first arrival to Australia. Do you they mean once you became PR or do they want my first ever arrival (as a tourist)?
When you get your PR you must at least enter once before the mentioned date to finalize it.

Hi

Do I have to mentioned my cancelled (previous) passports too? I have already submitted my application with a 'No' as an answer.

My first passport was nearing expiry so I got it cancelled and got the new (2nd) passport, then my address changed and to get it updated onmy passport my 2nd passport was cancelled and my current (3rd) passport was issued which I used for my PR (subclass 189) in 2014. I have only mentioned this current passport in my citizenship application.

The question in citizenship application is:

'Other passports and documents for travel:

Does this applicant have any other passports or documents for travel? Other documents may include Titre de Voyage, PLO56, DFTTA or ImmiCards.'

Somewhere in the first or last pages of my current (3rd) passport my old (2nd) passport number has been mentioned. So the department is going to know that I have held a previous (cancelled) passport(s), which of course they would have noticed in my PR application too back in 2014. I had travelled to Vietnam on my 2nd passport for a total of 93 days. I entered Australia for the first time on my current 3rd) passport. Please help.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
'Other passports and documents for travel:

Does this applicant have any other passports or documents for travel? Other documents may include Titre de Voyage, PLO56, DFTTA or ImmiCards.'

It only asks for the current passports (otherwise they would have told if you had any previous passports).

T

Tie Freedom

My wife is applying fro Australian citizenship and her documents are in Russian language. All the documents were translated and notarized into English by a lawyer in Ukraine for immigration purposes. Since all the documents have been translated into English and have been notarized by a lawyer and were ok for Immigration purposes do we still have to have someone from NAATI stamped them? Or can we supply the documents as is?
Appreciate anyone's help.
Thanks, Tie

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the existing ones would be fine.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, as long as the person knows you all.

Hey, just a small clarification regarding Form 1195 Identity declaration. How can I get this done if I'm overseas as I'm filing the application for the new born citizenship by descended from India.

@MysticRiver any info will be appreciated.

• The Identity declaration completed by a person with the relevant authority and accompanied by an endorsed photograph signed by the same person. If you are applying on a paper application, this is contained in the form. If you are applying online, a Form 1195 – Identity Declaration (232KB PDF) is required for yourself and each person included in your application form

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
From the first page of Form 1195
If you are applying from outside Australia and do
not know an Australian citizen, Questions 2 and 3 can be completed, and the photograph endorsed and signed by
a citizen of your country of residence who has known you for at least one year, is currently working in a profession or occupation listed on pages 1–2, and is not related to you by birth, marriage or de facto relationship.
For children under 6 years of age, Questions 2 and 3 can be completed by an Australian citizen (or citizen of the child’s country of residence if applying from outside Australia) who has known the child for less than 12 months, is currently working in a profession or occupation listed on pages 1–2, and is not related by birth, marriage or de facto relationship.

Rush22

Timeline missing
You need to provide below documents (but not limited to)
  • Three identity documents that all together show your
    • photograph and signature
    • current residential address
    • birth name, date of birth and gender.
  • If you have changed your name, provide evidence of this including links between names
  • The Identity declaration completed by a person with the relevant authority and accompanied by an endorsed photograph signed by the same person. If you are applying on a paper application, this is contained in the form. If you are applying online, a Form 1195 – Identity Declaration (232KB PDF) is required for yourself and each person included in your application form
  • If you spent more than 12 months outside Australia since you were 18 years old and had your permanent residency
    • Provide a penal clearance certificate from every country in which you spent more than 90 days
  • In any circumstances, if penal clearance from Australia is required, the authority will arrange it, you don't need to do/pay anything for that
  • You you include any children in your application, or applied for any exemption, you have to provide supporting documents
Identity documents example:
  • An Australian driver's licence
  • A passport
  • A national identity card
  • UNHCR document
  • Other documents containing a signature and photograph such as:
    • an air crew identity document
    • seafarer identity document
    • military identity document
    • student card
  • A utilities notice such as electricity, gas or water bill
  • Rental contracts or rates notice
  • A full birth certificate, or your country's equivalent
  • Evidence of links between present and previous names, for example a marriage or divorce certificate, if applicable
  • Change of name documents from an Australian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, if applicable
  • Documents showing other names that you or your children have been known by
  • One passport-sized photograph and Identity declaration signed by an Australian citizen with the appropriate authority
  • You will need to provide documents for any children on your application too, including
    • a full birth certificate or family register containing parent's details
    • a travel document or passport, if they are not on your passport
    • evidence of links between birth name and current name, if applicable
    • one passport-sized photograph and identity declaration signed by an Australian citizen with the appropriate authority.
    • If there are any parenting orders relating to your children, or they have been adopted, then you will need to provide these documents
  • If you are applying for Australian citizenship by conferral, you are required to provide evidence of your entry to Australia
    • Current and previous passport
    • Travel document with visa such as a Document for Travel to Australia, PLO56 (M56), Titre de Voyage
Hi Mystic River

Thanks for providing a detailed list of the required documents for Australian Citizenship Application process.

With regards to name, the name was never changed its just that its mentioned in different ways in different documents. How to resolve this issue? Kindly advise.

Thanks, Rush.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
The preferable way is to submit an affidavit kind of thing declaring all the variation of spelling. Sometime a self statutory declaration might work as well.

@MysticRiver
YOu are very knowledgeable and helpful here - well done

My question relates to Form 1195.

In completing the declaration, it requests both the postal and mailing address of the relevant authority.

As the parent of the child, we are presently overseas and making applications for their citizenship. Is the address our home address in Australia or the temporary address of our rented apartment where I am staying? I do not want to jeopardize/confuse the Dept of Home Affairs as we have used our home address in Australia to direct the citizenship certificate as and when approved.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.