Australian Citizenship Lounge

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all , well today I received a letter today to say my application for Australian citizenship has been accepted . The next step is to attend the citizenship ceremony. I will receive a letter to confirm when this will take place in the coming months .
Congratulations! Can you please update your citizenship timeline here in MD?

Dave C

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Congratulations! Can you please update your citizenship timeline here in MD?
Ok i can't update my citizenship timeline as most of the questions are irrelevant in my situation. Because I came to Australia in 1968 and am over 60 years old I don't have to sit the test , but I will post here when I receive the date to attend the ceremony. Thanks Mystic River

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can ask here, tag me or any other moderators (@mohsinciddiki or @Dileep).

alternatively, post in respective profile page.

if it’s confidential and admin-related issue, use Contact Us form.

Note, we do not provide personalized support for immigration-related issue as we are not any agent/company, rather a community.

Last edited:

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
At last, they start sending emails for the citizenship ceremony! I have long been wondering why they don't do that as I know people who missed their paper invitation and this the ceremony!

Hi ,
Lodged application on 13th Nov 2019 ( myself and daughter )
Citizenship Test (passed)30th Jan 2020 rescheduled from 19th Feb 2020
Status on Immi Account still Received
Waiting for Approval ??

Lodged Application on 13th Nov 2019 ( Wife )
Citizenship Test (passed) 3rd Feb 2020 rescheduled from 19th Feb 2020
Status on Immi Account still Received
Waiting for Approval ??

Normally how much time department takes ??? i have seen same day approval of some fellows as well

Thanks

Ana10

Wanderer
Point
Grant
2020-02-26
Hi all! hope this thread keeps going for those of us who are in the citizenship process. My husband and I are based in Canberra and we just applied for citizenship on 20 January 2022! so fingers crossed the process doesn't take years. Thank you all for sharing your timelines and experiences here in this forum, I've found it super helpful.

Hi all! hope this thread keeps going for those of us who are in the citizenship process. My husband and I are based in Canberra and we just applied for citizenship on 20 January 2022! so fingers crossed the process doesn't take years. Thank you all for sharing your timelines and experiences here in this forum, I've found it super helpful.
Same here @Ana10, I’m also from Canberra and just applied for citizenship last week. Wondering, Is there any update for you as you applied in January?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.