• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

EA Australian PR process - Engineer Technologist

nikshan

Wanderer
Timeline missing
It would be a great help for me if you can spend some time on reading this and give me an advice.

I have an idea in migrating to Australia.
I got my positive skill assessment under engineer technologist.
Currently I have 55 points of marks and by the end of June it will be 60 points since I'm completing 5yrs of employment.

Firstly I thought of applying for SC 189 by the end of June with 60 marks but some told me to get some additional 5 marks from state NSW (state sponsorship) to make it 65 marks.
But as far as I know NSW state selection is not transparent and we can't rely much on it.

Hope you can understand my present situation and if you can guide me on this it will be a great help for me.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
It would be a great help for me if you can spend some time on reading this and give me an advice.

I got my positive skill assessment under engineer technologist.
Currently I have 55 points of marks and by the end of June it will be 60 points since I'm completing 5yrs of employment.

Firstly I thought of applying for SC 189 by the end of June with 60 marks but some told me to get some additional 5 marks from state NSW (state sponsorship) to make it 65 marks.
But as far as I know NSW state selection is not transparent and we can't rely much on it.

Hope you can understand my present situation and if you can guide me on this it will be a great help for me.
Make two EOI's

1- For 189 with 60 points
2- For 190 with 65 points

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Off the topic. When you said this,

I thought you found a loophole in the system to get invitation at very low points :D

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Off the topic. When you said this,

I thought you found a loophole in the system to get invitation at very low points :D
LOL, getting wings, visa free entry :p

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
There is always the possibility of NOT getting an invitation, even at higher points. Fullfilling the criteria to submit an EOI does not guarantee that you'll receive an invitation. The more points you have, the higher chance you have.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.