Subclass 189 Australian Study Requirement

Ali1993

Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-07-22
Hi Everyone!
I have submitted EOI (visa 189) in July 2017 for 263311 with 60 points atm.
I have a skills assessment from EA for my bachelors degree already.
Currently, I am pursing a Masters degree in Data Science from UniSA, in Adelaide. (CRICOS registered 104 weeks)
It will finish on 31st Dec 2018. I just wanted to confirm that after my course ends, can I claim 5 points for Australian Study Requirement?
Do I need any skills assessment for the masters degree as well? I have read the DIBP homepage for this and no such thing is mentioned.
I just want to be sure about this, as its the only thing that can increase my points in the future.

Regards

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you'll need any assessment for claiming Australian Study Requirements point.

Ali1993

Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-07-22
I don't think you'll need any assessment for claiming Australian Study Requirements point.

Can I go for NSW state sponsorship? The only question I have in NSW SS is that in their NSW 190 Priority list, Telecommunications Engineer is in the ICT field. Whereas I have skills assessment from EA. Will it be a problem?

Regards

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Shouldn't be a problem. ACS will not assess Telecommunication Engineers anyway. The Fields column in NSW priority list is just their own classification, nothing to do with DIBP assessment categories.

Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-03-13
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding the Australian Study requirement.
Is it possible that my wife complete a 92 weeks course and then add 5 point for partner to my application?

Another question, it says that 92 weeks should be completed, what about a 104 weeks course? Is it possible to claim the 5 points when we reach week 92?

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
German

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Australian Study Requirement is for primary applicant, not for partner.

Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2017-03-13
Thanks MysticRiver,
Do you know what can my partner study to get me 5 partner points? in Australia?
I a trying to extend my Student Visa and at the same time I want to study something that in the future, will give me 5 extra points.
If my partner won't give me points, i will have to study then.

Thanks!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.