• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS Australian Study Requirement

aumurad

Timeline missing
Dear Altruists
I have 4 Years Computer Science Degree and 10 years of ICT business analysts job experience. I did 2 years of full-time Masters in Public Policy from the University of Melbourne. ACS skill assessment did not show my Australian Masters Degree in the assessment letter as there is no ICT component in the degree. My question is, can I still claim 5 points for 2 years Australian Study? To be more precise, do I need to assess my degree and get a positive assessment outcome on an Australian degree to get 5 points.

Adam

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Altruists
I have 4 Years Computer Science Degree and 10 years of ICT business analysts job experience. I did 2 years of full-time Masters in Public Policy from the University of Melbourne. ACS skill assessment did not show my Australian Masters Degree in the assessment letter as there is no ICT component in the degree. My question is, can I still claim 5 points for 2 years Australian Study? To be more precise, do I need to assess my degree and get a positive assessment outcome on an Australian degree to get 5 points.
From what I gathered that you need to seek an assessment from Vetassess if ACS did not offer an opinion. I did the same and waiting vetassess outcome. My case is different as my master from Curtin is only one year as I’m coupling it with other master of 1.5 years. ACS did not offer an opinion as it was less than 3 semester, though it was an ICT. This is open for interpretation if you want to claim points with the CO. Go with Vetassess only point advise teat for AQF. This is my own opinion and not a solid confirmation.
Best of luck

aumurad

Timeline missing
From what I gathered that you need to seek an assessment from Vetassess if ACS did not offer an opinion. I did the same and waiting vetassess outcome. My case is different as my master from CurtSn is only one year as I’m coupling it with other master of 1.5 years. ACS did not offer an opinion as it was less than 3 semester, though it was an ICT. This is open for interpretation if you want to claim points with the CO. Go with Vetassess only point advise teat for AQF. This is my own opinion and not a solid confirmation.
Best of luck

Thank you so much for your information. At least two migrations agents advised me that, Australian Study requirement point does not need to be in the same skilled category. You can study anything and need to be assessed as well. You can claim 5points. Just you have to produce a letter from your institution that you studied on campus for at least a certain period. I see the same thing on the DHA website as well. They have not mentioned any issue of assessment.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.