maandeswal

Collaborator
Entitled Member
Skill
SC
186 ENS
Point
70/75
Hello Everyone, I am seeking a little help regarding credit value earned in Bachelor degree. Anyone might know about it.

• 3 Years Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) degree, from Sikkim Manipal University -Distance Education.
  • Total Cumulative Credits - 140

Will they assess this equivalent to AQF level 7 ? I heard from someone that they need 144 credit value to assess a 3 year degree, any sort of info will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
This will depend on your institution's ranking, curriculum etc. So, it's literally impossible to comment on this.

maandeswal

Collaborator
Entitled Member
Skill
SC
186 ENS
Point
70/75
@MysticRiver its like have to waste few dollars to check outcome of assessment. Either it comes positive or negative.

I thought of Canada and asked few agents and they denied on the front that there is no scope for distance degree holder. I liked it, at least I know the reality. But in case of Australia everything is mystery, nobody clear about anything.

• Can I get assessed my education and experience separately, just to know that my degree is enough to get 15 points?
  • If so then how much it will cost? My occupation code 232414 assessing body VETASSESS.
  • Is it okay getting done separately and is there any difference in fees for degree only and for both together?

Please guide me

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, you can't really know for sure how your assessment would go unless you do so. A rule of thumb is, if your institution is a well-known in your country, good chance that you'll get assessed at the same level (e.g. if you have a Bachelor degree, that'll be assessed as Bachelor in Australian standard). Otherwise, you might get assessed at a lower AQF level.

Regarding relevancy to your nominated occupation, that's actually impossible to comment from my knowledge (as I am not an expert in your field).

Furthermore, I don't think you can separately assess qualification and experience with VETASSESS, that's possible with EA. I believe @SJR has a better knowledge of VETASSESS.

SJR

Collaborator
Entitled Member
MSA
2018-05-09
Skill
SC
189 /190
Point
65 / 70
EOI
2018-06-21
Thanks @MysticRiver

@SJR could please throw little light in my case
@maandeswal I will look at this in more detail later today, but initial thoughts are:
If VETASSESS is your assessing authority there is no need to do experience and education separately. Their Points Test Advice Qualifications Only service is for those people whose assessing body cannot evaluate their degree (ie non ICT and acs)
The credit value question is not one that we can answer. There are different methods of calculating degree credits across the world....it's not universal, so impossible to say if your number is sufficient

maandeswal

Collaborator
Entitled Member
Skill
SC
186 ENS
Point
70/75
@maandeswal I will look at this in more detail later today, but initial thoughts are:
If VETASSESS is your assessing authority there is no need to do experience and education separately. Their Points Test Advice Qualifications Only service is for those people whose assessing body cannot evaluate their degree (ie non ICT and acs)
The credit value question is not one that we can answer. There are different methods of calculating degree credits across the world....it's not universal, so impossible to say if your number is sufficient

Thanks @SJR , Yes VETASSESS is assessing authority for ANZSCO 232414.

Please clear my few doubts when you have time

• My Bachelor and Work experience are highly relevant to my occupation, and my major project was also a design and code a fully functional website.
  • So will they deduct any experience?
  • Does my irrelevant study prior to Bachelor will create any problem? like I have 3 years diploma in mechanical after 10th which is equivalent to 12th.
  • But I done my bachelor in Computer Science with Major in Information Technology and working as a Web Designer from 2011 in which 2011-14 is as Freelancer

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.