EA CDR Assessment - Rewriting the career episode.

Please help to clear my doubt if anyone has experienced the same. I got the following feedback from the assessor.

1. The career episode you have presented provides insufficient detail of the engineering work personally undertaken by you and does not demonstrate your competencies as Professional Engineer. The episode is too general and lacks any depth in terms of engineering/technical details. It is not sufficient to merely describe what you did, but you have to describe/illustrate how you did it.

2. Please elaborate and include sufficient technical details (e.g. design parameters, design calculations, diagrams, design models, simulations, analysis, results, etc.) but do not provide excessive.

3. Focus on how you applied your engineering knowledge and skills in the nominated occupation. That is state - what you did and describe - how you did it in a logical order, emphasising your own personal role should be presented in ‘Personal Engineering Activity’ part of the episode, and should clearly illustrate how you addressed the competency units and elements required for Professional Engineer.

4. Please rewrite this career episode, emphasising your professional engineering competencies in more detail. Kindly refer to pages 18-20 and 31-36 of the MSA booklet regarding the format of career episodes and competency units & elements required. Also, update the summary statement accordingly.

My doubt is, according to the 4th point, should I edit the career episode I submitted OR should I write a new career episode?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Edit/rewrite - anything would work as long as you take care of what he said.

Aloosh12

Commoner
MSA
2017-07-27
Skill
SC
489 TAS
Point
EOI
2018-10-25
Inv.
2019-01-30
App.
2019-03-20
Grant
2019-09-03
IED
2020-09-03
Edit/rewrite - anything would work as long as you take care of what he said.
Strange mystic how they asked him to rewrite the career episodes since it doesn't match the professional engineer while for me they said since you don't match the professional engineer we will automatically assess you as an engineering technologist. I wish i had the chance to rewrite them

MSA
2017-07-27
Skill
SC
489 TAS
Point
EOI
2018-10-25
Inv.
2019-01-30
App.
2019-03-20
Grant
2019-09-03
IED
2020-09-03

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think it depends on the CO's perspective. Furthermore, it may be possible that his CO thought his CE is close enough for a rewrite.

Aloosh12

Commoner
MSA
2017-07-27
Skill
SC
489 TAS
Point
EOI
2018-10-25
Inv.
2019-01-30
App.
2019-03-20
Grant
2019-09-03
IED
2020-09-03
Please help to clear my doubt if anyone has experienced the same. I got the following feedback from the assessor.

1. The career episode you have presented provides insufficient detail of the engineering work personally undertaken by you and does not demonstrate your competencies as Professional Engineer. The episode is too general and lacks any depth in terms of engineering/technical details. It is not sufficient to merely describe what you did, but you have to describe/illustrate how you did it.

2. Please elaborate and include sufficient technical details (e.g. design parameters, design calculations, diagrams, design models, simulations, analysis, results, etc.) but do not provide excessive.

3. Focus on how you applied your engineering knowledge and skills in the nominated occupation. That is state - what you did and describe - how you did it in a logical order, emphasising your own personal role should be presented in ‘Personal Engineering Activity’ part of the episode, and should clearly illustrate how you addressed the competency units and elements required for Professional Engineer.

4. Please rewrite this career episode, emphasising your professional engineering competencies in more detail. Kindly refer to pages 18-20 and 31-36 of the MSA booklet regarding the format of career episodes and competency units & elements required. Also, update the summary statement accordingly.

My doubt is, according to the 4th point, should I edit the career episode I submitted OR should I write a new career episode?
can i contact you privately

MSA
2017-07-27
Skill
SC
489 TAS
Point
EOI
2018-10-25
Inv.
2019-01-30
App.
2019-03-20
Grant
2019-09-03
IED
2020-09-03

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
We do not allow any personal information inside a forum post. Use profile post or chat.

Shazilhyd

Commoner
MSA
2020-01-02
SC
Point
EOI
2020-01-29

you have to rewrite the same career episode,with some more technical details it means u have to add some more details but u shud make plagarism zero , here zero plagarism is the main issue , dont send blindly by adding details.....

Shivay777

Timeline missing

Hey Can you please suggest me what to do on above query.. I have same query arrived as yours

Shazilhyd

Commoner
MSA
2020-01-02
SC
Point
EOI
2020-01-29
Hey Can you please suggest me what to do on above query.. I have same query arrived as yours

This is the general reply EA assessors will ask from the candidate, in the first instance,...............................they expect from us to give more technical details and they want us to rewrite the career episode,........................In this scenario, there are certain things that need to be kept in mind consciously...

Firstly, we shud now have to rewrite the mentioned career episode only... We Shud rewrite that career episode and we shud again check for plagiarism before submitting because at this stage also because we have rewritten the career episode, we shud check again plagiarism before submitting....................

Secondly, when we are rewriting the career episode, we shud include diagrams and calculations, ( again please check for plagiarism )

Lastly, I would suggest to include some diagrams and calculations and most importantly please check for plagiarism before checking

they are asking to rewrite ............................we have to rewrite the entire career episode,....................but please don't just edit that career episode previously submitted and blindly submit.................................. EA is very strict in plagiarism checking .............

ask me anything if u have any doubt

Shivay777

Timeline missing
This is the general reply EA assessors will ask from the candidate, in the first instance,...............................they expect from us to give more technical details and they want us to rewrite the career episode,........................In this scenario, there are certain things that need to be kept in mind consciously...

Firstly, we shud now have to rewrite the mentioned career episode only... We Shud rewrite that career episode and we shud again check for plagiarism before submitting because at this stage also because we have rewritten the career episode, we shud check again plagiarism before submitting....................

Secondly, when we are rewriting the career episode, we shud include diagrams and calculations, ( again please check for plagiarism )

Lastly, I would suggest to include some diagrams and calculations and most importantly please check for plagiarism before checking

they are asking to rewrite ............................we have to rewrite the entire career episode,....................but please don't just edit that career episode previously submitted and blindly submit.................................. EA is very strict in plagiarism checking .............

ask me anything if u have any doubt
Can I attache some figures from internet in CDR...is there any issue or plagiarism for that

mohsinciddiki

Staff member
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20

Shazilhyd

Commoner
MSA
2020-01-02
SC
Point
EOI
2020-01-29
Can I attache some figures from internet in CDR...is there any issue or plagiarism for that

if that add any value then only u shud do , BUT please check for plagiarism for that pics , try to draw that pictures in software like autocad with minor modifications so that it wont get catch in turnitin software , EA uses this software fr plagarism check

littlejohn

Regular
MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02
Never use anything from Internet, if you can draw that by hand draw it and attach it but DONT use it directly from internet.

MSA
2019-07-09
Skill
SC
RS 187DS
App.
2019-11-14
CO
2020-01-30
PCC
2019-11-25
HC
2020-02-13
Grant
2020-03-02

Hi
I got the same reply from CO , can you please explain what you did in this case ,
Alternative they suggested me as a engineering technologist if rewriting does not meet their requirements .

can I contact you
Please

thanks

Gangarajam

Timeline missing

Hi,
I have a same situation here , I need a bit of information . Can I contact you .please

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
@Gangarajam
The best you can do is ask your question her.

I got this from the assessor, this is almost similar to the previous posts on this page. as a chemical engineer what basic technicalities should i add in the episode. please review the below comment and guide me.
The Career Episode 1 you have presented provides insufficient detail of the engineering work undertaken by you. Please therefore refer to MSA Booklet Mar 2020 [Section C, 2.5.2 Page 18] to update and elaborate more on this career episode to further emphasise your professional chemical engineering competencies by presenting specific technical details [including graphs, photos, charts and calculations] in Personal Engineering Activity Section. You can focus on 1 or 2 aspects of the project and elaborate further [For Example: How have you utilise your knowledge to design and prepare specifications for chemical process systems and the construction and operation of commercial-scale chemical plants, and supervises industrial processing and fabrication of products undergoing physical and chemical changes.]
2. Please provide the course code and title which the project was carried out.
3. Please not that it is insufficient to merely describe work done as a means of demonstrating competencies.

Shazilhyd

Commoner
MSA
2020-01-02
SC
Point
EOI
2020-01-29
I got this from the assessor, this is almost similar to the previous posts on this page. as a chemical engineer what basic technicalities should i add in the episode. please review the below comment and guide me.
The Career Episode 1 you have presented provides insufficient detail of the engineering work undertaken by you. Please therefore refer to MSA Booklet Mar 2020 [Section C, 2.5.2 Page 18] to update and elaborate more on this career episode to further emphasise your professional chemical engineering competencies by presenting specific technical details [including graphs, photos, charts and calculations] in Personal Engineering Activity Section. You can focus on 1 or 2 aspects of the project and elaborate further [For Example: How have you utilise your knowledge to design and prepare specifications for chemical process systems and the construction and operation of commercial-scale chemical plants, and supervises industrial processing and fabrication of products undergoing physical and chemical changes.]
2. Please provide the course code and title which the project was carried out.
3. Please not that it is insufficient to merely describe work done as a means of demonstrating competencies.
hi
please note my words..
at this point , EA is asking u to include technical details , so please make sure u shud include some diagrams may be some graph or pictures, and data what ever u r writing shud be free from plagiarism ... becoz once u submit with new details EA again check for plagiarism and if its copied then they will reject ........so plz be careful ur work shud be free from plagiarism , rest u know better

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.