• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS Certified copy of educational transcript/testamur

mjuma123

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi
My university transcript 3 pages.. I just stamped it from ministry of high education in my country... they stamped only the first page ... they mention only one stamp provided coz it is for them one document !.

My question is whether ACS will accept it or not, plz advise.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi
My university transcript 3 pages.. I just stamped it from ministry of high education in my country... they stamped only the first page ... they mention only one stamp provided coz it is for them one document !.

My question is whether ACS will accept it or not, plz advise.
In my opinion all the pages should be stamped as clearly mentioned at ACS's website.

mjuma123

Wanderer
Timeline missing
In my opinion all the pages should be stamped as clearly mentioned at ACS's website.
Thanks for reply . i'll try to stamp each page..
The issue now ACS sent me email telling me that ministry of higher education stamp not accepted !
From where I have to certify my university degrees ?
If I certify it from Ministry of Foriegn they will accept it?
I asked them this question but the did not provide a clear answer.

Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It works like that ...
- Foreign countries do not recognise your interior ministries. They only communicate with your foreign ministry. So any attestation, if done from ministry, has to be made from foreign ministry when dealing other countries' affairs.

- Foreign ministry does not recognize your educational certificates without attestation from education ministry (because validating your educational record with your institution is education ministry's job)

- In many countries, education ministry asks to get attestation from your educational institution first.

So, now that you have education ministry's attestation, you can get foreign ministry's attestation and send to ACS.

Or, and i can't emphasize enough on this point, you could have just notarized your certificates from any solicitor/lawyer and send to ACS, cutting down all the unnecessary troubles with ministries ..........

mjuma123

Wanderer
Timeline missing
It works like that ...
- Foreign countries do not recognise your interior ministries. They only communicate with your foreign ministry. So any attestation, if done from ministry, has to be made from foreign ministry when dealing other countries' affairs.

- Foreign ministry does not recognize your educational certificates without attestation from education ministry (because validating your educational record with your institution is education ministry's job)

- In many countries, education ministry asks to get attestation from your educational institution first.

So, now that you have education ministry's attestation, you can get foreign ministry's attestation and send to ACS.

Or, and i can't emphasize enough on this point, you could have just notarized your certificates from any solicitor/lawyer and send to ACS, cutting down all the unnecessary troubles with ministries ..........
Thanks for your response...
I am a fraid that mjnistey of foreign will not accept stamping each page in my university degrees transcript coz education ministry only stamped the first page and rejected to stamp each page coz for them it is one document with one stamp :(

ACS will not accept it, right?
What I have to do in this case ?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully someone who done the assessment recently can confirm better, but I'd make a copy of the original, notarize from a lawyer/solicitor and send the scanned copy to ACS.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Any lawyer can do it in my country ?
They will accept any lawyer stamp?
@mjuma123 Any registered Solicitor/Doctor/Barrister "YES".

Which country are you from? I might be able to help you finding a proper place to get your documents stamped.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15

mjuma123

Wanderer
Timeline missing

DBRON

Wanderer
MSA
2017-01-30
Hello,
Appreciate if you could help to clarify my doubt. I am about to submit my docs for ACS assessment, do i also need to provided the Secondary and Higher Secondary School Certificates / Transcripts to ACS for assessment along with Graduation and Work Experience docs? I am from India and typically we have Class 10 (Secondary School Certificate) subsequently a Class 12 (Higher Secondary School Certificate) before commencing on to Bachelors Degree.

Kindly help.

Thanks,
RON

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hello,
Appreciate if you could help to clarify my doubt. I am about to submit my docs for ACS assessment, do i also need to provided the Secondary and Higher Secondary School Certificates / Transcripts to ACS for assessment along with Graduation and Work Experience docs? I am from India and typically we have Class 10 (Secondary School Certificate) subsequently a Class 12 (Higher Secondary School Certificate) before commencing on to Bachelors Degree.

Kindly help.

Thanks,
RON
No, Secondary and higher secondary certificates / transcripts are not required.

DBRON

Wanderer
MSA
2017-01-30
You are very welcome.
Hello MysticRiver, Rakshanda,
You both have been a great help on this forum. Thank you.

I have another quick question. I can see that ACS portal says 'PDF file name must match the attachment type'. So if i understand this correctly each employment entry will then have its own attachment 'Reference.pdf' which shall be the reference letter for that entry alone and i should not upload documents with different file names viz. Employer1_Reference.pdf or Employer2_Reference.pdf etc.

Am i correct?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
i should not upload documents with different file names viz. Employer1_Reference.pdf or Employer2_Reference.pdf etc.
I don't think this will be an issue. I think they meant don't rename your reference letter as "bank_statement.pdf"/

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hello MysticRiver, Rakshanda,
You both have been a great help on this forum. Thank you.

I have another quick question. I can see that ACS portal says 'PDF file name must match the attachment type'. So if i understand this correctly each employment entry will then have its own attachment 'Reference.pdf' which shall be the reference letter for that entry alone and i should not upload documents with different file names viz. Employer1_Reference.pdf or Employer2_Reference.pdf etc.

Am i correct?
I don't think this will be an issue. I think they meant don't rename your reference letter as "bank_statement.pdf"/
Actually both of you are correct. The PDF file name must match the attachment type means Reference Letter should be named as Reference Letter.pdf not Bank Statement, its better to upload each reference letter in a different file instead of an accumulative one.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thank you both, Rakshanda and MysticRiver.
I have submitted my assessment docs to ACS. Lets hope for the best.
You are welcome @DBRON and best of luck for your assessment.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.