2018-09-11
App.
2018-10-12
PCC
2018-10-08
HC
2018-11-14
Hi,
I am a Software Engineer with 9 years of experience from India and interested in Australia immigration.I am about to apply to ACS for immigration skills evaluation.Please help me with following questions:
1. I have my educational documents ready,took photocopy of B.E marksheets and degree.I understand certified copy needs to be uploaded in ACS portal.so any lawyer or doctor can certify them?
2.I have managed to get all my previous employments reference letter on company letterhead with HR signature.Do they also need to be certified from lawyer or Doctor?
3.My current company is not issuing me reference letter.However, I managed to get service certificate kind of letter on company letterhead. I got my roles and responsibilities on simple document from my manager.Do you think my self declaration along with all these would suffice.
4.some of my documents have my full name i.e. firstname lastname, while others have only firstname. would this cause any issue and possible solution to tackle this?

I am eagerly waiting for response.

Thanks.

Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2018-07-20
Inv.
2018-09-11
App.
2018-10-12
PCC
2018-10-08
HC
2018-11-14

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. Yes, just do it from a lawyer. You need to have "certified true copy" written in the seal with contact information of the lawyer.
2. I believe all the documents should be certified.
ACS said:
Preparing Documents to Upload into the Online Application Form:
  1. Organise the paper documents you need to submit
  2. Create paper copies of all your original documents
  3. Have your paper copies Certified by an authorised person
  4. Scan and Save the certified copies into a PDF format
    • Consolidate all pages into one PDF document for each qualification and each employment entry.
    • Scan documents at a low resolution setting of no higher than 200 DPI.
    • Maximum limit of 3MB per PDF upload.
    • Ensure your PDF files are not “Password” protected or “Read Only”.
  5. Upload the PDF files of your certified copies into the Online Application Form
Certified Documents
  • All documents must be certified copies of originals and uploaded into the online application form as PDF files.
  • A document is a certified copy when the original document is photocopied or scanned and a person authorised to certify documents stamps and signs the copy, signifying that it is a true copy of the original document.
  • The following information is required on each page of your certified copy:
    • The words “Certified True Copy of the Original”
    • The signature of the certifying person
    • The date signed and name of the certifying person
    • Registration number or title of the certifying person (eg: Police Officer, Doctor)
    • Certification details must be legible on the copy
  • Certification can be authorised within Australia by:
    • a registered migration agent - a justice of the peace or a bail justice
    • an Australian lawyer - a member of the police force - a public notary
    • a sheriff or a deputy sheriff - a councillor of a municipality
    • a senior officer of a council - a medical practitioner
    • a dentist - a veterinary practitioner - a pharmacist
    • a principal in the teaching service - a minister of religion authorised to celebrate marriages
    • a member or former member of either House of the Parliament of the Commonwealth
Documents Certified Outside Australia can be certified by an equivalent authority within the country of origin. Legal professionals and embassy officials can provide information regarding certification of documents outside Australia.

Please Note: The ACS is unable to accept documents if the identity of the certifying officer is unclear or the contact details are illegible.

Translation of Documents
All documents not in English must be translated. Both the original document and the translation must be submitted for assessment and both must be certified copies.

3. I think that should be enough, though it'll depend on your assessor.
4. You might need to sign an affidavit if ACS advise.

mlksu

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2018-07-20
Inv.
2018-09-11
App.
2018-10-12
PCC
2018-10-08
HC
2018-11-14
Hi,
I found this site really helpful... thanks a lot for quick reply.I just want to know one more thing .. I have done Bachelor of engineering in computer science and I am an IT professional with 9 years of experience..so just want to check would ACS will also consider 9 years or will lessen it by 1 or 2 years? secondly how much time ACS processing would take?

Skill
SC
Point
EOI
2018-07-20
Inv.
2018-09-11
App.
2018-10-12
PCC
2018-10-08
HC
2018-11-14

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
ACS will deduct 2 years, if your degree is considered as ICT major. This is the minimum number of years ACS deducts, no matter what.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
So guys, here is one of my own documents attested from Notary Public for an example. In total 5 stamps were used, one Golden embossed one and rest are the normal ones.

They did not checked my originals, yet I was suggested to take originals with me. They charged me only 200 PKR i.e. $2 USD.

I hope this could help clear some ambiguities for how documents are attested.

M.A Degree.jpg

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing @Rakshanda, it must be helpful to others.

However, I had to edit the picture to obfuscate the confidential parts (though I had no idea about the right side, so made some random picks) and cross it to avoid legal issues and prevent plagiarism. All that's required by the members here are the certified seals, which I kept intact.

Members, ignore all the black lines and shades ... don't try to repeat that part, otherwise your certificates will be ruined :).

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thanks for sharing @Rakshanda, it must be helpful to others.

However, I had to edit the picture to obfuscate the confidential parts (though I had no idea about the right side, so made some random picks) and cross it to avoid legal issues and prevent plagiarism. All that's required by the members here are the certified seals, which I kept intact.

Members, ignore all the black lines and shades ... don't try to repeat that part, otherwise your certificates will be ruined :).

Thank you @MysticRiver I had the same thing in my mind and wanted to discuss the same with you but you were not around so... thanks :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you @MysticRiver I had the same thing in my mind and wanted to discuss the same with you but you were not around so... thanks :)
You are most welcome :) .. Let me know if I missed any part in the image, specially in the non-English part.

So guys, here is one of my own documents attested from Notary Public for an example. In total 5 stamps were used, one Golden embossed one and rest are the normal ones.

They did not checked my originals, yet I was suggested to take originals with me. They charged me only 200 PKR i.e. $2 USD.

I hope this could help clear some ambiguities for how documents are attested.

View attachment 681
@Rakshanda how many point u awarded for the education offcourse you master degree is on top .

@MysticRiver as I discussed with Rakshanda about work experience detect that acs will detect experience after my master degree so after my bachelor degree my 2 year experience will be countable after detect of those 2 years.
@@MysticRiver my work experience letter after my bcs is issued in 2003 do i have need a update experience lettter from the company for acs assesment

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you had continued your job after getting that experience letter, then you have to get a new one with updated dates.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Again, I believe, if your existing experience letter covers the whole period of your employment, and the company details are up-to-date, that should suffice.

jessK

Wanderer
Skill
SC
Hi, I am applying for 189 category, I have 10 years of experience in IT. I have got all my engineering original mark-sheets copies certified, and copy of provisional degree certified as well. I do not have my original degree with me, it is absolutely necessary to get my skills and education assessed? I actually could never collect my degree from the University.

mohsinciddiki

Staff member
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20
Hi, I am applying for 189 category, I have 10 years of experience in IT. I have got all my engineering original mark-sheets copies certified, and copy of provisional degree certified as well. I do not have my original degree with me, it is absolutely necessary to get my skills and education assessed? I actually could never collect my degree from the University.
Which assessment body you are applying ? If ACS, then yes as per their required document. Follow is the excerpt from ACS Guidelines:

Degree or Award Certificate
• Title of Degree or Award
• Name of University or Awarding Institution
•Date the Degree or Award was completed – the qualification will be assessed as NOT suitable if there is no documented evidence that the degree has been completed and awarded. A letter of completion will also be accepted for Australian qualifications only.
•Degree or Award Transcript
• Unit or Subject Names and Grades or Marks Achieved

But if your case, if your provisional certificate is showing the evidence of completion clearly then it might be acceptable. Please contact ACS for further clarification

Last edited:
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20
Which assessment body you are applying ? If ACS, then yes as per their required document. Follow is the excerpt from ACS Guidelines:

Degree or Award Certificate
• Title of Degree or Award
• Name of University or Awarding Institution
•Date the Degree or Award was completed – the qualification will be assessed as NOT suitable if there is no documented evidence that the degree has been completed and awarded. A letter of completion will also be accepted for Australian qualifications only.
•Degree or Award Transcript
• Unit or Subject Names and Grades or Marks Achieved

But if your case, if your provisional certificate is showing the evidence of completion clearly then it might be acceptable. Please contact ACS for further clarification
Thanks a lot for your reply. It was helpful! :)

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.