• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Change of Passport due to expiry

Timeline missing
Mystic and guys,

My passport is going to expire in Aug/16. I`ve applied to 190 NSW nomination using it (because used it also for skill assessment and EOI submission).

Actually it`s not an info that I missed in my original EOI application but an updated one... I`m planning to renew and get a new passport. By getting a DIBP invite, would it be an issue to upload the new passaport rather the one I used for skill assess, EOI and 190 nomination? I can`t find if I can use a valid passport till the last date for lodging the visa OR if the passport has to have 6 months of valid date when I get a DIBP invite.

Thanks for any clarification!

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen any clause asking for minimum validity (may be I missed). But important thing is, you can anytime change your passport (for any valid reason) as long as it's yours (name/DOB etc. matches). All you need is just to notify your CO via email. It is actually one of the common things that occur in the PR process.

Also I believe your new passport will have some reference of old passport (which is the case in my country).

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.