citizenship question

Ady5513

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi All,
This is my first time I am joining any forum, and need your guidance please...
I am applying for citizenship online after 4 years of skilled migrant and living in australia..
I have little confusion about 2 point:
1. Does the applicant wish to make australian citizenship pledge at the same time as another person who is also applicant for australian citizenship? yes/No ????
*I mean our children are also there on application, so should I tick yes or no (as they are minor)

2. there is point where it says that do you have any other family member who is not mentioned on this application?
*are we suppose to give details of our brother sisters as well ???? I have mentioned about my father and mother details but not sure if brother sister is also mandatory???

Moreover, what you guys suggest, should I hire some MARA agent for citizenship or its simple process. how most of people follow here to apply for citizenship. I have checked with some MARA agent and they are asking more than $500 per adult application. Please advise.

Regards,
Ady

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1. Does the applicant wish to make australian citizenship pledge at the same time as another person who is also applicant for australian citizenship? yes/No ????
*I mean our children are also there on application, so should I tick yes or no (as they are minor)

Tick Yes if you want to attend the citizenship ceremony together, as the question asked for any person, did not ask to exclude minors. This question is about the citizenship ceremony, whether you want to attend together, have no impact on the application though.

there is point where it says that do you have any other family member who is not mentioned on this application?
*are we suppose to give details of our brother sisters as well ???? I have mentioned about my father and mother details but not sure if brother sister is also mandatory???

According to the new definition, Family Unit includes only partner and children
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Migrationagents/Pages/member-of-family-unit.aspx

Moreover, what you guys suggest, should I hire some MARA agent for citizenship or its simple process. how most of people follow here to apply for citizenship. I have checked with some MARA agent and they are asking more than $500 per adult application. Please advise.

I have seen a lot of people did this on their own without any issue or difficulty.

Ady5513

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thankyou so much MysticRiver, it will help me to complete the process.

One last time, just to make sure I am correct... I am filling 2 application. One for wife with children and second for myself only.
So in this case my wife will Tick YES she want to take pledge for our children.

and Once I complete application, what identification document? should I send it to them by post or just scan and upload it.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
One for wife with children and second for myself only.
So in this case my wife will Tick YES she want to take pledge for our children.
Children under 16 years of age do not need to take pledge. If your wife wants to make sure that she joins the same ceremony as yours, she can tick yes.
DIBP said:
Your children can also attend the ceremony. If they are under 16 years of age and were included on your application form they will become citizens when you do. They will not have to make the Pledge but are welcome to do so.

Once I complete application, what identification document?
https://www.migrationdesk.com/threads/australian-citizenship-documents-checklist.41665/

should I send it to them by post or just scan and upload it.
Upload the scan copy

Ady5513

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi MysticRiver,
Thanks for your help on my one application where I applied for my wife and kids. That I have uploaded now.

Now I am applying other application for myself, and I got x2 questions again, sorry to bother you but looking for some guidance please..

1. In application it ask for my parent details. My father died in year 2008, so would I have to mention his details as well ???? moreover I would not be sure of his exact Date of Birth as in old days there were no records, I only know the year of his birth.

2. In my application it is asking like do you have any other family member whose name is not mentioned in this application. Should I re-enter all details for my sons and wife here ??? too much of work if that is so. please advise.

I will be really thankful for your guidance.
Regards,

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
In application it ask for my parent details. My father died in year 2008, so would I have to mention his details as well ?
I think yes.

moreover I would not be sure of his exact Date of Birth as in old days there were no records, I only know the year of his birth.
I am not entirely sure about that, but most likely you can put 1/1/YYYY. If he doesn't have any document to DOB that you can track, most likely DIBP won't find anything as well.

Ady5513

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi MysticRiver,

Thanks alot for your reply, I just came back from weekend out, so sorry about delay in communication. I got your first point, and I will use near about DOB which we can remember best of our knowledge.

and what about second point?

2. In my application it is asking like do you have any other family member whose name is not mentioned in this application. Should I re-enter all details for my sons and wife here ??? too much of work if that is so. please advise.

as we discussed last time about this point in my wife's application, I punched in my details in my wife application.

Now I am filling in my application, so would I have to punch in all details of my sons and wife here to say these are family members not mentioned in application. not sure, your advise will be highly appreciated.

regards

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If they are not included in your application, it sounds like you need to.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.