• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Claim points for qualification with non ICT degrees - do I need a separate assessment?

Shanu

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi MystricRiver:
I submitted my ACS (RPL) for ANZSCO 263111 on 24th aug including followings:
1= Bechlor of Commerce Degree (2 years)
2= Diploma in IT (1 Year)
3= CCNP + CCVP certificates
4= Exp form October 2005 to Aug 2016 (still continue) throughout Computers & Networks

ACS Result:
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and
Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
The following employment after December 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code 263111.

My Question is: why nothing has been mentioned related to education? and what is the possible way to earn points for my degree? or do i need to go for separate assessment since the degree in Non IT?

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Shanu where are u from ? I need some help regarding my RPL in same anzo code.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Great so am I, also we have almost the same scenarios. Just that I have 16 years of experience and a NON-ICT masters degree. Can we talk as I really need aome help regarding my assessment from ACS.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thank you Shanu. Please give me your number so I can give u a call.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Hi MystricRiver:
I submitted my ACS (RPL) for ANZSCO 263111 on 24th aug including followings:
1= Bechlor of Commerce Degree (2 years)
2= Diploma in IT (1 Year)
3= CCNP + CCVP certificates
4= Exp form October 2005 to Aug 2016 (still continue) throughout Computers & Networks

ACS Result:
Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and
Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
The following employment after December 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code 263111.

My Question is: why nothing has been mentioned related to education? and what is the possible way to earn points for my degree? or do i need to go for separate assessment since the degree in Non IT?

I believe qualifications does not need to be in your skill to claim points for. There is a post in this forum about that, if I remember correctly, you have to have your non ICT degree (not related to your occupation) from VETASSESS and claim points for qualification. Your skill and experience assessment have to be from ACS, as you have done.

Search this forum, you will find several related posts. I am in travel with limited connectivity, will try to find the link once I get back.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
yes we can talk and let's see if i can help you out.

Thank you Shanu. Please give me your number so I can give u a call.

Normally I encourage to make any discussion in this forum so that everybody can be beneficial. So please even though you decided to take this to private, do share your thoughts and experience here so that all future readers can get help.

I have no relation with any migration agent or such, it is just out of passion I am trying to help people here from personal knowledge. But I can't continue as a lone wolf if people don't participate in both way (give and take), because I have my professional duty as well.

So please consider that.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
I believe qualifications does not need to be in your skill to claim points for. There is a post in this forum about that, if I remember correctly, you have to have your non ICT degree (not related to your occupation) from VETASSESS and claim points for qualification. Your skill and experience assessment have to be from ACS, as you have done.

Search this forum, you will find several related posts. I am in travel with limited connectivity, will try to find the link once I get back.

Mystic,

does this means after RPL, a NON-ICT degree has to be verified from any other body to claim 15 points for education ? A bit confused here!

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Normally I encourage to make any discussion in this forum so that everybody can be beneficial. So please even though you decided to take this to private, do share your thoughts and experience here so that all future readers can get help.

I have no relation with any migration agent or such, it is just out of passion I am trying to help people here from personal knowledge. But I can't continue as a lone wolf if people don't participate in both way (give and take), because I have my professional duty as well.

So please consider that.

We didn't get to talk yet, but sure what my question from him was, if he got his project files done by himself or got it done by someone else, in both cases I needed a sample to go through few basic things which I am concerned about. This indeed is the best forum for any information required and also the quickest way to get your ambiguities cleared up, I totally admire this place. And if you noticed I also shared a few information in my own post which I gained from different websites so it could be of someone's help.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
We didn't get to talk yet, but sure what my question from him was, if he got his project files done by himself or got it done by someone else, in both cases I needed a sample to go through few basic things which I am concerned about. This indeed is the best forum for any information required and also the quickest way to get your ambiguities cleared up, I totally admire this place. And if you noticed I also shared a few information in my own post which I gained from different websites so it could be of someone's help.

Ofcourse, I was not blaming or anything :). And thank you for your posts and sharing. Also it is completely okay to have some one to one discussion because everything is not possible to communicate via forum.

I just expect that when anyone find a solution/good way to handle any of his/her issue, or any new/interesting information, it'd be very nice if he/she just take some time to write a summarized post about his experience/solution/findings, so that it can help others. Posts do not need to be question only, it can be sharing experience or answering question as well. Not talking about you, but many people actually forget that part :). May be not a big issue for a big forum, as there are many people to response, but here I might not be available all the time (just like last week, still I tried my best to response). So, only me answering would create a big void. So, I think this forum has to act like a community to survive, that's all.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
See, I'll return day after tomorrow, then I'll try to find the exact process. In the mean time you can find posts about VETASSESS in this forum, you should find at least one post.

http://www.migrationdesk.com/search/28991/?q=VETASSESS&o=date

All right after several searches, I have got to find out that if you are a NON-ICT Bachelors/Masters degree holder, ACS wont assess your degree and wont mention it in RPL assessment if its positive. Although you will get the points automatically from your application. So there's nothing to worry about.
But if ACS recommends you to get your degree's assessed by VETASSESS (which is very rare and happens when they doubt that your institute is not very well known around the globe and the educational transcripts could be forged), you will have to go to VETASSESS and get it assessed for the points of your qualification in your application. Also VETASSESS wont assess ONLY your degree if you apply for assessment without any recommendation from any relevant assessing body.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks a lot for confirming the info. I knew there was something relating to VETASSESS, but couldn't recall it properly.

That's very helpful, thanks for that. This is this is the way to help each other. Good luck :).

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thanks a lot for confirming the info. I knew there was something relating to VETASSESS, but couldn't recall it properly.

That's very helpful, thanks for that. This is this is the way to help each other. Good luck :).

You are very welcome.

Shanu

Wanderer
Timeline missing
All right after several searches, I have got to find out that if you are a NON-ICT Bachelors/Masters degree holder, ACS wont assess your degree and wont mention it in RPL assessment if its positive. Although you will get the points automatically from your application. So there's nothing to worry about.
But if ACS recommends you to get your degree's assessed by VETASSESS (which is very rare and happens when they doubt that your institute is not very well known around the globe and the educational transcripts could be forged), you will have to go to VETASSESS and get it assessed for the points of your qualification in your application. Also VETASSESS wont assess ONLY your degree if you apply for assessment without any recommendation from any relevant assessing body.
even i have same answer from a source but waiting for the final confirmation. (will update once confirmed)
VETASSESS assessment was required previously or if refer incase of Non-ICT Degree and IT Experince.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
even i have same answer from a source but waiting for the final confirmation. (will update once confirmed)
VETASSESS assessment was required previously or if refer incase of Non-ICT Degree and IT Experince.

Did you get any updates regarding that final confirmation you were talking about earlier Shanu ? Please update here as well.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Mystic,

All Qualifications require a Certificate and Transcript with all units listed and marks achieved.

Please DO NOT include High School Certificates/Documentation.

Please note: PDF files you attach here will be used to assess your qualifications.

Please attach the details for all your ICT educational qualifications and related courses using the "Add Qualification" icon. Please ensure your documentation includes the title of award, name of awarding institution, date conferred, grades achieved and academic transcripts.

Attachments are required in PDF Format ONLY and must be certified copies of original documents. Your PDF file name must match the "Attachment Type" name. Please consolidate all multipage files into one PDF for each attachment type. Maximum PDF file size is 3MB.

Each qualification should only be entered once – with one or more related attachments. Please do not duplicate qualification entries.

1- We have Matriculation = 9-10 standard in pakistan, Where they said "Please DO NOT include High School Certificates/Documentation." Does that means I will have to upload educational transcripts after Matriculation?
2- All of the above comes under the ACS Online Form under the heading of "Relevant Qualification". If no relevant qualification is available, should I be skipping that ? Or shall I add the irrelevant qualification as well in case of submitting an RPL? This doesn't make any sense. I believe Marcos could be of some help here, since he had his qualification assessed from ACS.
3- If all the irrelevant qualification transcripts/certificates have to be uploaded, do all of them have to be certified from Notary Public too ?

In my own point of view, if I am going to OPT for RPL, I do not think I shall be adding any irrelevant qualification in the relevant qualification area. What do you both think Mystic & Marcos ?

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.