• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Claiming 1 year local experience points proof for DHA

LogiQ

Timeline missing
Hi guys, I just want to make sure have everything ready as I am about to make an application for DHA, so I am positively assessed with ACS for 1 year work experience in Australia, but what I am worried about is in the last section it is saying the one who will give points in the end is DHA. As I just got experience for 1 year from ACS, I just want to know in what scenario would dha not considered ACS skill assessment points? from my thinking if ACS has assessed it positive, shouldnt DHA followed ACS decision as well?
For 1 year experience proof I can give the first 3 months of working in australia + bank statement and the last 4 Months of me working till the end of the period, this is the proof I gave to ACS and they accepted it, the reason I asked this is to prevent CO contact and shorten the length time. If this suffice ACS requirement, will this suffice for DHA as well?

2) so I am working as a casual part time in my company, but since the covid after March I have not been working. Is it ok to put the end date in my skill select as blank, since technically I am still with the company just has not been called, furthermore I am only claiming 1 year work experience for points or should I put end date as March?

Thank you

mohsinciddiki

Staff member
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20
As I just got experience for 1 year from ACS, I just want to know in what scenario would dha not considered ACS skill assessment points? from my thinking if ACS has assessed it positive, shouldnt DHA followed ACS decision as well?
Usually yes but ACS is just an assessing authority and to give points or not, it is totally up to DHA so if you comply all the rules they will allow you based on the proofs you provide and how much they are satisfied
so I am working as a casual part time in my company, but since the covid after March I have not been working. Is it ok to put the end date in my skill select as blank, since technically I am still with the company just has not been called, furthermore I am only claiming 1 year work experience for points or should I put end date as March?
You can keep it as blank as long as you are employed with the company and you can show proofs of your continuation of the work

MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20

LogiQ

Timeline missing
Usually yes but ACS is just an assessing authority and to give points or not, it is totally up to DHA so if you comply all the rules they will allow you based on the proofs you provide and how much they are satisfied

You can keep it as blank as long as you are employed with the company and you can show proofs of your continuation of the work

Hi, thanks for the reply, regarding your statement on my proof that I can provide. In your opinion
1) If I can provide the first 3 mothns and last 4 months of payslip,+ bank statement + reference letter and ACS outcome, do I have a strong/good chance that the CO will accept my work experience points?( only for 1 year)

2)thats the problem, how can i proof the continuation as I have not worked with him post march due to covid all communication is based on phone calls where I asked him my employer whether I can start to work again but has not got any definite reply. Well maybe CO can confirm by calling him directly. So in this case what other option I have to proof I am still working with him? If i leave the end date blank?tbh if i leave it blank but only claim 1 year experience and I can proof it will this be a problem if I cannot give further proof beyond 1 year?

Please advice Thanks

tharun

Commoner
Timeline missing
Hi, thanks for the reply, regarding your statement on my proof that I can provide. In your opinion
1) If I can provide the first 3 mothns and last 4 months of payslip,+ bank statement + reference letter and ACS outcome, do I have a strong/good chance that the CO will accept my work experience points?( only for 1 year)

2)thats the problem, how can i proof the continuation as I have not worked with him post march due to covid all communication is based on phone calls where I asked him my employer whether I can start to work again but has not got any definite reply. Well maybe CO can confirm by calling him directly. So in this case what other option I have to proof I am still working with him? If i leave the end date blank?tbh if i leave it blank but only claim 1 year experience and I can proof it will this be a problem if I cannot give further proof beyond 1 year?

Please advice Thanks
Hi that mean u are not getting paid from march this year in that case you i suggest to put end date for 1 year duration as you can't claim any points for 1.5 years or so.. why to face more complications.

LogiQ

Timeline missing
Hi that mean u are not getting paid from march this year in that case you i suggest to put end date for 1 year duration as you can't claim any points for 1.5 years or so.. why to face more complications.
Yes, I understand where you are coming from but I thought I should put end date if only I dont work with the company anymore, but I am still technically with the company but I have not worked due to covid, my main issue would be if its still alright to put it blank even though I havent worked further and only claim 1 year anyway, as there is not change in point even if I claim 1.5 year there is no difference.

but anyway, more importantly whats on your thought on my 1st question?

mohsinciddiki

Staff member
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20
If I can provide the first 3 mothns and last 4 months of payslip,+ bank statement + reference letter and ACS outcome, do I have a strong/good chance that the CO will accept my work experience points?( only for 1 year)
Should be fine
)thats the problem, how can i proof the continuation as I have not worked with him post march due to covid all communication is based on phone calls where I asked him my employer whether I can start to work again but has not got any definite reply. Well maybe CO can confirm by calling him directly. So in this case what other option I have to proof I am still working with him? If i leave the end date blank?tbh if i leave it blank but only claim 1 year experience and I can proof it will this be a problem if I cannot give further proof beyond 1 year?
If you are only claiming 1 year and not completing 3 years in near future then you have two options:
1. Either go for one year experience and put an end date in your EOI
2. Keep end date blank and show the continuity of your work as long as you are employed and getting salaries. Since this period is not being claimed then CO shouldnt ask any proof but if he asks, you can provide current salary slips (if you are getting paid)

Both options are fine

• Agree
Reactions: tharun
MSA
2018-08-02
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
75/80
EOI
2018-08-17
Nom.
2018-11-11
Inv.
2018-11-11
App.
2018-12-22
CO
2019-03-27
PCC
2019-02-23
HC
2019-02-18
Grant
2019-06-03
IED
2020-02-20

LogiQ

Timeline missing
Should be fine

If you are only claiming 1 year and not completing 3 years in near future then you have two options:
1. Either go for one year experience and put an end date in your EOI
2. Keep end date blank and show the continuity of your work as long as you are employed and getting salaries. Since this period is not being claimed then CO shouldnt ask any proof but if he asks, you can provide current salary slips (if you are getting paid)

Both options are fine

Hi thanks for your reply, thats re- assuring. One more question come into my mind today, If i put end date as March and the CO does not determined that it is enough evidenc( not gonna happen but just in case) can I give them proof of salary slips beyond march to proof I am still with the company?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You need to prove the experience you are claiming (for points) were paid for. And all the point claims need to be done prior to your invitation. So,
  • If the additional payslips refer to the experience after the invitation, they won't be useful (e.g., let say you received your invitation in April)
  • If the additional payslips refer to the experience before the invitation (e.g., your invitation was in June, and you want to present payslips of April and May), the CO can decide either way
    • CO may accept because you could claim April/May as well, hence, use that to compensate missing documents in March salary (I would bet on this)
    • CO may reject that citing your invitation was based on experience until March, hence, it's your responsibility to provide documents for what you have claimed.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.