ACS Claiming Education points in RPL result

SSingh

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi. I have done B.Com Hon and MA Eco and then have been working as a Business Analyst in IT. I have got my skill assessment from ACS after converting application to RPL and it is positive but there is no comment on my education degrees since I think they are not IT degrees.
In this case, can I claim points for my education in my EOI or I need to get Points Test Advice from VETASSESS to claim points?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to claim points if your degree meets Australian standard, most people do VETASSESS point test advise to ensure their degree meets AUS standard.

SSingh

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Thanks MysticRiver. Do I need to do Points Test Advice before submitting EOI or when CO asks for it, if my EOI progresses?
I had got an assessment done once by VETASSESS 13 years back and they had said my qualification met the standard.

1626777982031.png

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Points Test Advice is mainly for your own understanding, your CO can disagree the PTA at his discretion, or decide your degree meets standard without PTA. PTA just gives you an edge to convince the CO. Personally I think if you want to do a PTA, you should do it before your CO comes back to you, coz once someone decides on something, it's harder to overturn compared to convince him at the first place.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.