• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Claiming points for dual qualification

I am a Software Engineer from India with a total experience of around 6 years.

Here is my ACS assesment report.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer from Microsoft completed May 2016 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing.

Your Bachelor of Technology in Information Technology from XXXX University completed May 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after January 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 01/11 - 11/14 (3yrs 10mths) Position: Software Engineer Employer
Dates: 11/14 - 06/16 (1yrs 7mths) Position: Senior Software Engineer Employer

From my calculation, the total points for Expresssion of Interest calculates to 60

Age - 30 points (I'm 28 years old)

English - 0 (Competent English)

Skilled Employment - 5 points - 3 years skilled employment (after January 2013 from ACS assessment)
Qualifications - 15 points for Bachelor Degree

Award or qualification recognised by the assessing authority - 5 points (Eventhough it will give 10 points, there is a maximum set at 20 points for qualification.

State Sponsorship - 5 points

However Skillselect calculates only 55 ignoring my 5 points for other qualifications recognised by assessing authority.

Can someone please guide me on how to proceed. Has anyone faced the issue in the past?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Because:
DIBP said:
Points can be awarded for your highest tertiary qualification.

So, if you have a bachelor and diploma/vendor certification, I think you are eligible to claim points for Bachelor only (highest tertiary education).

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Is a masters degree, that is recognized, valid for the "Award or qualification recognized by the assessing authority" points?

Only an assessing authority can tell you that, isn't it ? :)

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Yes you are right, but I'm wondering if this is up to the Assessing authority or is it limited by the Visa? As in, should I just call EA and ask or immigration?

There's nothing called query for Pre-assessment. I tried that myself but my assessing authority ACS never told me anything, all what they replied was to send the documents and they will give a decision on assessment.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.