Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
You can claim 5 extra points if your partner meets below requirements:
  • Under 50 years of age
  • Has at least competent English
  • Has nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • Has been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think so. The third criteria wants both of you under same occupation list, e.g. both should be in either SOL or CSOL, can't mix up.

You can claim 5 extra points if your partner meets below requirements:
  • Under 50 years of age
  • Has at least competent English
  • Has nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • Has been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation
Hi there
My wife has done MSC physics n i have done Master of professional accounting so can i get 5 point from my partners skill?
Thanks

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If both of yours skill fall under same list (either SOL or CSOL), you can claim that point upon meeting those 4 criteria.

Suren

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Hi Admin,

Can you please explain the above point again. For example, I am planning to apply 190 sub-class visa for NSW state. My profession in IT and wife occupation is different. In that case, our both occupations should be exists in NSW state occupation list OR CSOL list, which is specified in www.border.gov.au website.

Please clarify.
Thanks..

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
That is actually a pretty good question. In my opinion, it should be enough to match the CSOL, but this is not clarified in DIBP process. I'd suggest you to send an email to skillselect or NSW to clarify this. If you receive any official response, please share it here as well for future reference.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi Admin,

Can you please explain the above point again. For example, I am planning to apply 190 sub-class visa for NSW state. My profession in IT and wife occupation is different. In that case, our both occupations should be exists in NSW state occupation list OR CSOL list, which is specified in www.border.gov.au website.

Please clarify.
Thanks..

There are different scenario's.

1- If you both fall in the same SOL. (OK)
2- If you (Main Applicant) falls in CSOL and your spouse falls in CSOL or SOL. (OK)
2- If you (Main Applicant) and your spouse both fall in SOL or CSOL. (OK)

Suren

Wanderer
Timeline missing
There are different scenario's.

1- If you both fall in the same SOL. (OK)
2- If you (Main Applicant) falls in CSOL and your spouse falls in CSOL or SOL. (OK)
2- If you (Main Applicant) and your spouse both fall in SOL or CSOL. (OK)

So, it does not belongs to any state nomination occupation list, and we have to follow SOL & COSL list specified in www.border.gov.au website...right!

Thanks bro..

Rahul999

Timeline missing
Hi,

My wife has received a positive skill assessment from ACS. When applied, she had 6 years and 10 months relevant experience.

It was a RPL application, since her degree was not relevant to occupation. So, ACS deducted 6 years from her total experience and gave a positive skill assessment saying ' Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.'

But now, her relevant work experience on ACS letter is 10 months after deducting 6 years.

So my question is does she need 12 months work experience in last 24 months plus a positive skill assessment, in order for me to claim 5 points or just positive skill assessment will do. This 12 months work exp requirement, I had read it on 1-2 websites so not sure about it as DIBP, does not mention about any such requirement under partner skills. It just says the following:

Partner skills
You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:
  • were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.
So plz help...

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Hi,

My wife has received a positive skill assessment from ACS. When applied, she had 6 years and 10 months relevant experience.

It was a RPL application, since her degree was not relevant to occupation. So, ACS deducted 6 years from her total experience and gave a positive skill assessment saying ' Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261111 (ICT Business Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.'

But now, her relevant work experience on ACS letter is 10 months after deducting 6 years.

So my question is does she need 12 months work experience in last 24 months plus a positive skill assessment, in order for me to claim 5 points or just positive skill assessment will do. This 12 months work exp requirement, I had read it on 1-2 websites so not sure about it as DIBP, does not mention about any such requirement under partner skills. It just says the following:

Partner skills
You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:
  • were under 50 years of age
  • had at least competent English
  • had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation
  • had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation.
So plz help...

Dear @Rahul999 only positive skill assessment is going to give you 5 points in your EOI, if you are the main applicant.

Rahul999

Timeline missing
Dear @Rahul999 only positive skill assessment is going to give you 5 points in your EOI, if you are the main applicant.

Thanks Rakshanda for the quick response.

So basically, only a positive skill assessment is enough, right? and the 12 months work exp. requirement cannot be substantiated or say is not required. yes, I am the main applicant.

Rakshanda

Staff member
MSA
2016-12-13
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
55/60
EOI
2016-12-15
Thanks Rakshanda for the quick response.

So basically, only a positive skill assessment is enough, right? and the 12 months work exp. requirement cannot be substantiated or say is not required. yes, I am the main applicant.

You are welcome.

Yes. Only a positive skill assessment is required from your spouse to give you 5 extra points of "Partner Skills" in your EOI.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the quick response.
Just to be clear, as far as I remember, there WAS such a rule before where your partner needed to have 1 year experience for you to claim 5 points against her. But that rule has been most likely cancelled, as that is not included in the 4 requirements (the one you referred in your post) anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.