• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Claiming Work Experience after invitation.

Jesu

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Can any one help me here!! I have 6 years of work experience as structural engineer in U.A.E. I do not have any third party documents to prove my RSEA with Engineers Australia. Since my work permit and visa states some other profession because there was no available engineers quota when i applied for a visa with my company. So my question is, if I do not get a relevant skilled employment assessment done by Engineers Australia can i still claim my work experience point after raising EOI? i.e. suppose i claimed my work experience in my EOI and I get an invitation based on those points, what are the documents that I need to prove my claim of work experience. As i do not have any third party certificate like work permit or visa that states my exact profession. Can i still claim my points using salary slips, employment contract and reference letter from my employer. I also have email conversations with my HR department asking them to change my profession in my work permit as well as an additional evidence. My employer also agreed that incase he gets any calls from Immigration department he can explain the matter to them that why my work permit states another profession as well. Will that be enough or do I still have to go for RSEA via Engineers Australia?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
So my question is, if I do not get a relevant skilled employment assessment done by Engineers Australia can i still claim my work experience point after raising EOI?
Theoretically speaking, relevant skilled employment assessment done by Engineers Australia is not mandatory. But the issue is, if you don't have proper document, your Case Officer is going to reject your point claim (against experience) anyway.

Jesu

Wanderer
Timeline missing
In spite of me having all the salary slips, employment contracts, appraisal letters, and reference letters from my employee and also the email conversations with my HR department asking them to change my profession in my work permit as well as additional evidence. My employer also agreed that in case he gets any calls from the Immigration department he can explain the matter to them that why my work permit states another profession as well. In spite of all these you are suggesting I should not claim points for my work experience since there is a chance that they can reject my application?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I am not suggesting you anything. In this case, I think you have a good chance of success, but ultimately it will depend on your CO - whether he accepts your explanation or not.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.