• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Completing EOI and visa grant before the age of 45

Hi,
I will be 45 years old in 5 months and I want to start the Australian Visa (either 189 or 190). As I understand there are a few milestones and in each one I must be under 45.
As I've read the time each step takes is unknown, my question is, will it be possible to get the assessment before I'm 45?
Will my application be given any consideration to see that the assessment will be completed before I'm 45. If I will be granted even a day after I'm 45, does it mean that my application will actually be ignored?
Thanks,
Guy

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As I've read the time each step takes is unknown, my question is, will it be possible to get the assessment before I'm 45?
It's possible, but the big question is whether you have high enough point to get a visa invitation before you turn 45, as that is the criteria. If you manage an invitation before you turn 45, it doesn't matter how long it takes for a visa grant. But, you need an invitation before 45, not only the assessment.

Will my application be given any consideration to see that the assessment will be completed before I'm 45. If I will be granted even a day after I'm 45, does it mean that my application will actually be ignored?
Like I said, you don't need to worry about grant, it can be made well after you turn 45, as long as you manage to get that invitation (and submit visa application) before 45. Only doing the assessment doesn't help you on that. Invitation process is highly competitive, and you might face a long wait unless you have a high score in the point test. The requirement also depends on your nominated skill.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.