• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

ACS Confusion on ACS

Natty

MSA
2017-11-17
Skill
SC
189/190
Point
60/65
EOI
2018-03-11
Hi team,
Hope everyone is doing well.
I have a question on ACS assessment before I apply for renewal.

I have been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing for Analyst programmer (261311) in the year 2017 (Nov 2017). Currently, my ACS has been expired.

I have been working in Sydney since 2017 with the roles and responsibilities equating to Analyst programmer until Dec 2020. Since Jan 2021 I have been working with the same organisation with a few roles and responsibilities of Business Analyst (261111) and I have been given the title of Business Analyst. My company also have advised that they are looking for options for sponsoring me for PR.

Simultaneously, I would like to apply for EOI for 189/190/491 so I don't get disappointed if my company doesn't sponsor.

If I get it renewed as an Analyst programmer I would get 5+ years of experience in Australia and would get 15 points.

Questions:
1. If I get it renewed as an Analyst programmer(261311) now and my company wants me to get it assessed as Business Analyst (261111). Will it create any issues?
2. Do I need to wait until my company confirms that they are ready to sponsor and get ACS assessed as Business Analyst.
3. If I get it renewed as Business Analyst (261111) now. How would the work experience be calculated? Will the experience be split as 4 years - Analyst programmer and 1 year - Business Analyst?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If I get it renewed as an Analyst programmer(261311) now and my company wants me to get it assessed as Business Analyst (261111). Will it create any issues?
No, each assessment application will be assessed independently based on merit.

Do I need to wait until my company confirms that they are ready to sponsor and get ACS assessed as Business Analyst.
You don't need to, but you can if you want. ACS assessment doesn't need you to have a sponsor.

If I get it renewed as Business Analyst (261111) now. How would the work experience be calculated? Will the experience be split as 4 years - Analyst programmer and 1 year - Business Analyst?
You'll loose any experience that is not relevant to your nominated occupation (261111 in this case).

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.