• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

Country of residence and educational record in visa application

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Mystic river, concerning the countries of residence, we should fill in the date from and date to, is that of the last permanent address or for the full time living in that country?
And if I lived in Dubai for 5 months, should I mention the date of my birth till the date I moved to Dubai, and then add another section,the date I came back from Dubai till this date??

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Yup .. for the moment you can put last address, as there is only one place to right. Later in form 80, you have to give all the residential addresses.

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Yup .. for the moment you can put last address, as there is only one place to right. Later in form 80, you have to give all the residential addresses.

Oops sorry I did not get it. I put the dates to and from for last residential address?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I remember in visa application form (i don't have access to visa application form) they asked only for your countries of residence. In that case you can just list one address each country (if you stayed in more than one, just put the last address).

But in Form 80, they ask for each of your residential addresses in past, in that case you need to list all the addresses you have been.

I can reconfirm once I go back to my home tonight.

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Yeah they request the last permanent address in the specified country, but my question was about the date from and to; if I should specify the period I lived in the specified address or I specify the period I lived in the country

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
the period you lived in the country
Ok, so if I lived my life in country X and I travelled in-between to country Y and lived 5 months and then I moved back to country X, then how do I display it?
Country X: 1983-2015
Country Y: 12-08-2008 till 25-03-2009

Or country X: 1983-2008
Country Y:12-08-2008 till 25-03-2009
Country X:2009-2015

This is what's confusing me :)

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Mysticriver please also 2 more questions:
Question 1 for countries of residence:
From my date of birth to 04-oct-2008: Lebanon
From 12-oct-2008 till 18 match 2009: Dubai
The period from 04 Oct till 12 Oct I was neither in Lebanon nor in Dubai, I travelled on honeymoon to Mauritius islands. I will reflect this in form 80, but what should I reflect here?

Question 2:
I am not claing points for partners skills, they asked about his education "highest recognized qualification obtained" , should I say he has other Non AQF accreditation or he has a bachelor degree in science, business and technology?
Thank you mystic river.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1) Country of residence means where you stayed significant amount of time for living. Tour/travel/transit etc. doesn't qualify as residency.

2) Fill your partner's education same as yours. You can select "bachelor degree in science, business and technology" where appropriate, for others where there is no category (like secondary), you can just select "Other". You already declared you were not claiming points for your partner in your EOI, so no worries. Moreover, only education is not enough for partner's point.

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
1) Country of residence means where you stayed significant amount of time for living. Tour/travel/transit etc. doesn't qualify as residency.

2) Fill your partner's education same as yours. You can select "bachelor degree in science, business and technology" where appropriate, for others where there is no category (like secondary), you can just select "Other". You already declared you were not claiming points for your partner in your EOI, so no worries. Moreover, only education is not enough for partner's point.

For point 1 mysticriver, I was confused to show the dates where I was not in the country of residency. From 4 to 12 October (ie 8 days) I was neither in Lebanon nor in Dubai, so I am confused on how to reflect this in the application

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I think you misunderstood the question. It is asking what was your "usual country of residence on that period", not where you were during that period (which will be asked in Form 80). So you were in Mauritius between 4-12 Oct doesn't mean your country of residence (whatever it was on 3rd Oct) changed. You went to travel, fine, but your country of residence should be same as "usual".

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Keep in mind the difference between two question:
1) What have been your usual countries of residence in last 10 years - where you were based (not where you traveled)
2) Where have you traveled in last 10 years - Exactly which countries have you been (even for 1 day).

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Keep in mind the difference between two question:
1) What have been your usual countries of residence in last 10 years - where you were based (not where you traveled)
2) Where have you traveled in last 10 years - Exactly which countries you have been (even for 1 day).

Ok mysticriver :) very clear now, thank you.
For my point 2 however, what do u mean by secondary?

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
For my point 2 however, what do u mean by secondary?
They ask to list all education "secondary level or above". So you should list your education from secondary level, not from bachelor level. Secondary usually means year 10 in many countries, but it can vary country by country.

yasminaosman

Regular
Skill
SC
Point
Grant
2018-04-30
IED
2018-09-22
Oh, I did not list that in EOI. And for secondary they also will request my secondary level degree I assume?
I did not present this to ACS nor have I mentioned it in EOI.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
It's okay ... they won't bother much about secondary, but because the question specifically mentions, I'd suggest to include that.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
yup .. i know some people as well, who didn't. Like I said, never heard they bothered .. but i recommend because it asks in the form ..

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.