• MigrationDesk is a community, not an agent (nor is affiliated with any). You can post here without an account, but all unregistered posts will be queued for moderator approvals. You can register a free account to bypass moderation and enjoy additional features such as post notification, Live Chat etc.

News DIAC changed the website to check Visa Progress

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Have you suddenly noticed that the link to check your VISA application progress is not longer available and it redirects to new address? Also you are not able to login to new system with your TRN and old password?

Don't worry, the Department of Immigration & Border Protection have upgraded the website. Your old account is no longer accessible and you have to create a new account called ImmiAccount. This ImmiAccount is a single point of entry that will let you create, submit, pay for and manage all online visa applications in one place.

Basically what you have to do is:
  1. Login to https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login
  2. Create New Account providing your preferred username & password and filling up rest few information (similar to registering a forum)
  3. After activating your account via email link, you will find a button Import Application after you log in. Use that button to import your existing application. You required to put your TRN, NAME, BIRTH DATE & PASSPORT NUMBER to import your account.

That's all. Remember, if you have not submitted your application before 6th Dec 2013, your application has been deleted and you have to create a new application.

Furthermore, there are reports that some people are not finding there submitted application in the new system (Import Application shows no records). This is a known issue and DIAC advised to check back again in a week time. However, if you want, you can email/call them directly, or contact your Case Officer, if assigned.

Elsa Lombard

Timeline missing
I need to know how to identify a grant number and the visa number required to complete my request for a medical declaration. I will appreciate your help. I am trying to submit if possible my own and my husband's visa application for our planned visit to Australia Nov. 2014 to January 2015.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
I need to know how to identify a grant number and the visa number required to complete my request for a medical declaration. I will appreciate your help. I am trying to submit if possible my own and my husband's visa application for our planned visit to Australia Nov. 2014 to January 2015.
Hi Elsa,

Sorry we were under a massive attack of spammers. Hence our service was interrupted and hampered.

To answer your question, I assume you have already been granted the PR. In that case you will find your Visa Grant number in the PDF file they (your case officer) sent on your grant notification email.

sam

Wanderer
Timeline missing
I have received an invite from skill set to apply for visa to AUS. I have few questions .
I was working for company `A` for 8 years , which was acquired by company `B` and I worked there for 2 years , now company gave me a total work experience of10 yeas and I applied to ACS and got approval for the same ( I missed stating the acquisition details to ACS). Now my doubt is that should I go for reassessment to ACS or go ahead to apply for VISA .
If I apply for visa , in case the case officer asks me why I dint declare the acquisition to ACS, at that point do I have the option to reapply to ACS or will the visa officer disallow my application
1)I got my invite to apply FOR VISA from skill set is 40 days old ( validity of the invite is 60 days) . If my skill set EXPIRES , will I be eligible to get a new invite

2) when I hold a valid ACS approval for skills assessment , I am eligible to apply for reevaluation , and if yes what reason should I specify

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
This should not be any issue, but better you clear it with ACS directly.

Regarding invitation expiry, if you don't accept it within 60 days, your EOI will be unlocked again and you will be eligible for getting another invitation in normal process. Hence your EOI will be placed in the pool automatically.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.