Difference between educational assessment and work experience assessment

Suman

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Admin,
I have the following question:

1) in the forum, everybody wrote assessment report is positive, but in my assessment report i didn't found the word"positive" or "Negative". in EA website i found "Assessment Grand" & in the outcome there only simply write, Your qualification obtained from the below institution has been assessed as comparable to the listed
Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level for the purposes of awarding points under the General Skilled Migration points test:
Institution : Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
Completed / Awarded: Completed
Date : October 2006
AQF Level :Bachelor Degree

is it ok? means Positive?

2)what i got (Assessment report) , it is Skill assessment or qualification assessment?

3) i did not assessed my experience as i have 7.3 years experience in the same role. do i have to take or not "experience assessment" from assessing authority as i am claiming the 5 points from state sponsorship of NSW.

4) my point is (55+5=60 ) 60 (including state sponsor) for SC 190, I want to know a statistical answer that, how many days it should take to get primary ITA for submit state nomination application?
B.Rgds
Suman

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
1) It is.
2&3) This is assessment of your academic qualification. However, it is advisable to assess your professional experience as well from EA. If you haven't done that already with your original assessment, you can still do it paying extra AU$320 from your EA online account. It won't take much time. If you are planning to claim point for your experience, it is recommended to get it assessed (see the link I posted).
4) It is impossible to predict, as it depends on many factors : 1) How many people are already there above you in the pool, 2) How many more people (above you) is going to submit before next invitation round, 3) Which state you are applying and how many people they are sponsoring in next rounds, 4) The demand of your profession in that state. I know in NSW, there are people still waiting with 60 points in some professions.

Suman

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your quick response. i got the following information, please read it & advice that i must submit or not the employment assessment for NSW. This is just collected from NSW website-

Question-1: FAQ-6 . Do I need my skilled employment claims assessed by the relevant skills assessing authority?
Answer: If you claim points for skilled employment in your EOI you need to ensure that you submit appropriate evidence to support this claim.
Although it is not mandatory, we encourage candidates who are claiming points for skilled employment to obtain a 'skilled employment assessment' from the relevant assessing authority as this is strong evidence to support your claim.
All ICT professionals who claim points for skilled employment need to obtain a skilled employment assessment by the relevant skills assessing authority.

So, what should i do? is this necessary for Mechanical engineer?

Question-2: somebody telling what i done this is skill assessment, they made me confused . but you are telling this is academic assessment. pls advice me. for your information i am giving you the details report here & you Clearly tell me that is skill assessment or qualification assessment ? because at question 1, there have another option "Skill employment Assessment".
Pls find the following outcome of mine from EA

Thank you for your Migration Skills Assessment Competency Demonstration Report application.
Engineers Australia is pleased to advise that the competencies you have demonstrated, taken in conjunction with your qualification from the following institution:
Institution Completed/Awarded Date
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology Completed October 2006

meets the current requirement for the following occupation:

Occupational Classification ANZSCO Skill Level Occupation ANZSCO Code Date
Professional Engineer Skill Level 1 Mechanical Engineer 233512 October 2006

Highest Relevant Qualification
Your qualification obtained from the below institution has been assessed as comparable to the listed Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level for the purposes of awarding points under the General Skilled Migration points test:

Institution Completed / Awarded Date AQF Level
Bangladesh University of Engineering Completed October 2006 Bachelor Degree
and Technology

Question-3: If i want to do "Skill employment Assessment" from EA in future(if necessary) , is same assessor (the person who asses my previous one) will asses my "Skill employment Assessment" or any other person employ instead of previous one(assessor)?

Faithfully yours,

Suman.

Suman

Wanderer
Timeline missing
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your quick response. i got the following information, please read it & advice that i must submit or not the employment assessment for NSW. This is just collected from NSW website-

Question-1:FAQ-6 . Do I need my skilled employment claims assessed by the relevant skills assessing authority?
Answer: If you claim points for skilled employment in your EOI you need to ensure that you submit appropriate evidence to support this claim.
Although it is not mandatory, we encourage candidates who are claiming points for skilled employment to obtain a 'skilled employment assessment' from the relevant assessing authority as this is strong evidence to support your claim.
All ICT professionals who claim points for skilled employment need to obtain a skilled employment assessment by the relevant skills assessing authority.

So, what should i do? is this necessary for Mechanical engineer?

Question-2: somebody telling what i done this is skill assessment, they made me confused . but you are telling this is academic assessment. pls advice me. for your information i am giving you the details report here & you Clearly tell me that is skill assessment or qualification assessment ? because at question 1, there have another option "Skill employment Assessment".
Pls find the following outcome of mine from EA

Thank you for your Migration Skills Assessment Competency Demonstration Report application.
Engineers Australia is pleased to advise that the competencies you have demonstrated, taken in conjunction with your qualification from the following institution:
Institution---------------------------------------------------------------Completed/Awarded----------------------------------- Date
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology-------------------------- Completed-------------------------------------------------- October 2006

meets the current requirement for the following occupation:

Occupational Classification---------------- ANZSCO Skill Level --------------Occupation---------- ANZSCO Code---------- Date

Professional Engineer--------------------------- Skill Level 1------------- Mechanical Engineer---------- 233512-------- October 2006

Highest Relevant Qualification
Your qualification obtained from the below institution has been assessed as comparable to the listed Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level for the purposes of awarding points under the General Skilled Migration points test:

Institution--------------------------------------- Completed / Awarded----------------------- Date----------------------------- Level Bangladesh University of Engineering------------ Completed ------------------------October 2006 -----------------Bachelor Degree
and Technology

Question-3: If i want to do "Skill employment Assessment" from EA in future(if necessary) , is same assessor (the person who asses my previous one) will asses my "Skill employment Assessment" or any other person employ instead of previous one(assessor)?

Faithfully yours,

Suman.

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
Question 1) Please read the link I provide in my last post (exactly same wording, but from Engineers Australia). So bottom line is you are advised to do it and you should do it.

Question 2) This is skill assessment but not "Relevant Work Experience Assessment". What you have done is enough to apply, but like I said they recommend to complete the second part as well and claim your application "may be" delayed if you don't do so. See image below (this is EA payment form), I guess you have paid the first row, not the second row.
Capture.PNG

Question-3) Again, like I said in my previous post, just login to your EA account, pay $320 and it'll be pretty quick (you can email EA that you want to add this in your existing assessment, they will guide you). Once done, you will have your work experience mentioned in you assessment letter.

1) It is.
2&3) This is assessment of your academic qualification. However, it is advisable to assess your professional experience as well from EA. If you haven't done that already with your original assessment, you can still do it paying extra AU$320 from your EA online account. It won't take much time. If you are planning to claim point for your experience, it is recommended to get it assessed (see the link I posted).
4) It is impossible to predict, as it depends on many factors : 1) How many people are already there above you in the pool, 2) How many more people (above you) is going to submit before next invitation round, 3) Which state you are applying and how many people they are sponsoring in next rounds, 4) The demand of your profession in that state. I know in NSW, there are people still waiting with 60 points in some professions.

Hi Sir,

Normally how long will it take for relevant skilled employment assessment to have a result? I have a positive outcome before for standard assessment (with fast track)...

MysticRiver

Administrator
Staff member
If you apply for that as an extension to your standard assessments, it usually takes less than a month.

Consider before posting:
  • Do not post the same thing in multiple places.
  • No personal contact and/or non-English phrase is allowed.
  • Always post in a relevant thread or open a new one.
  • Better to use the reactions in a post to congratulate/thank.